Chapter 36

Waking up to the sun burning into your eyes wasn't exactly the warm awakening you were hoping for after last night.

You faintly remember Taehyung pressing his lips against your forehead in the middle of the night as he attempted to sneak out of your house without waking you up.

Even without his stumbling through the dark, the coldness that followed his absence was enough on its own to wake you almost immediately.

It took a little while to fall back asleep afterwards, your mind rolled with memories from that night, leaving you awake and smiling to yourself for nearly three hours.

You rolled onto your side, feeling around for the note he must have left for you.

He wasn't exactly quiet when he scrambled around my room looking for a pen and paper

Just as you thought, there it was, crumpled up beside you from where you must have been laying on it half the night.

You rubbed at your eyes sleepily as you attempted to read what was messily scribbled there.

Jagiya,

Lets go swimming again tomorrow!

Meet me at the docks when you wake up!

I love you!!!!!!

-Taehyung-

That's it.

I'm telling him today.

As soon as I see him I'm going to tell him that this isn't all one sided.

That I love him too.

Smiling to yourself you happily rolled out of bed, reaching for your phone on the side table before mindlessly walking towards the bathroom.

[9:36] Y/N: I'll be there around 10:30!

You set your phone down on the bathroom counter, jumping straight into the shower, almost forgetting your unwillingness to get dressed again after last night.

Somehow you weren't uncomfortable with the fact you spent all night in your birthday suit, despite the fact you're usually ridiculously shy.

You quickly rubbed soap on your legs before your tail appeared, continuing to wash the rest of your body and shampoo your hair so you would look somewhat presentable for the boy that was waiting for you.

I guess it doesn't matter if I'll be jumping into the ocean anyways...

Oh well.

You rushed through the rest of getting ready, throwing on a cute dress and quickly opting to leave your bag at home as you darted out the front door.

Your mind reeled with ideas of where you could take Taehyung today as you skipped towards the docks.

A 20 minute walk felt like seconds as you smiled away to yourself, picturing Taehyung waiting for you.

You turned the corner to where the boat rental stall was, eyes scanning the area meticulously for your date.

You walked up and down the docks, even trailing along the shore of the beach trying to find him.

Maybe I'm too early?

Another 30 minutes passed as you uncomfortably sat waiting for him, ready to spring up from your seat at any moment from the built up excitement and anxiety.

You even sent him a few more messages, just in case, to alert him that you had already arrived.

Assuming he was probably still asleep or tied up with some last minute 'idol' thing, you decided to just catch a cab to the hotel instead.