I have some shocking news for you

I had a very ordinary life. Nothing could come and change it. Except for today. When I got the shocking news from my parents that we were moving the country.

Right now at the dinner table, I glared at my family. Most of all my parents because it wasn't anybody else's fault.None of us was even thinking of moving from the States all the way across the world to Middle East, but when adults make a decision, its hardcore.

I had been arguing and reasoning since the beginning of dinner but I wasn't getting anywhere. I am sixteen. My reasoning doesn't even count.

"Look." I tried again, gritting my teeth. "Nobody wants to go. Think of the impact it will have in our lives, ..just sit for one second and think!"

My mom closed her eyes.

Great.Now don't give me the silent emotion treatment....

She opened her eyes and smiled widely"There.Thought for one second.We are going."

I looked at her, anger mounting.

" Pointless."My brother looked up from his Ipad and muttered before going back to it.At least he seemed indifferent. My brother is the typical brother everyone has. Bossy, annoying, thinks he is the guy, full of himself, plays in the soccor team and family decisions do not affect him.

"Mom.Dad."My sister wailed. She is the family pet. She can win my parent's heart. Because she was born literally 9 years after I was born. I looked at her hopefully. If we, as a team, resisted the situation it might wouldn't even happen..

"I'm going to miss my friends." she continued wailing.

I glared at her. "Come up with a strong point..."

"...And my school.And Miss Beatrice. And Crusty."

"They are not going to stay cause of a cat." I hissed.

"Honey,you will make new friends at your new school.It will be so adventurous.And you can always get a new crusty.."my mom said in her fake eager voice...which Alisa always fell for.

"Don't you dare compel her "I said in a low threatening voice."Alisa, you won't be able to make friends there, they don't even speak the same language, and cats over there stink big time!" I said matter-of-fact-ly.

Alisa looked at me with anxious eyes."Okay ..mom I don't wanna go."

My mom glared at me.I glared back

"I am not going.No matter what happens.I will stay with Stella and Dylan.Or Emma. I am turning eighteen in one year and nine months."I said in a challenging voice.

"Kat. We are going across the ocean.Not to Texas. When you turn eighteen, you can come back.Now please don't waste our time."

"Waste our time?" My voice rose "You are literally dragging our butts all the way across the damn world and you say WE are wasting your time?!"

"It's not like we have a choice.Or you have a choice.Dad's job is promoted there. "

"I don't care. Dad can find another job here. I am not stupid.I can't leave Philadelphia.Not now.Not ever.My LIFE is here." I hollered in anguish.

Why was this even happening? We are not leaving.I can't.Not over my dead body.

"Honey try to see the bright side of things.Its not that bad..."

"Hell yeah it's bad.I have a SOCIAL life here not on another planet mom."

"Its not another planet.Its U.A.E for God's sake and people do have a social life there, actually a lot more social than here."