Chapter 4- The T-shirt mishap PT.2

Start from the beginning

"Ugh, fine. I'm coming." She might as well get some food.

~~~

For dinner there was some weird pink rainbow shaped vegetables, but after constantly eating elvin food, she didn't question it and dug in.

It tasted like roast chicken, the gnomes really grew the most amazing chicken- she meant veggies.

Keefe came and sat next to her, leaving no space between them and Sophie felt her body tense.

Which was stupid because Keefe was just a good friend.

Tut tut...Still so oblivious Sophie.

Ava sat down opposite them,"Hey guys, I've got something."

"Hm?" Sophie said.

"Okay, so you know how, like, everybody's always staring at you since you started wearing that t-shirt,"

Sophie just felt the need to glare at Keefe one more time.

"Well, I think it is partially to do with the fact that you're -well, wearing it but also because... people think that you're still, you know."

Sophie was utterly confused.
"I'm what?"

"That you're still with Fitz." She whispered.

Everything suddenly made a lot more sense.

Sophie mouth formed an O. Suddenly filled with relief.

Then terror. "Does that mean...I ...have to announce that I'm not with Fitz anymore?" She whisper screeched, horrified. That would be so embarrassing.

Keefe snorted. Sophie looked at him. "Look, Foster's blushing." Keefe said whilst pointing at her tomato red cheeks. "Wait, does that idea disappoint you?" Keefe asked. Nobody at the table knew what he was saying, except Fred who had joined them a little earlier.

"Yea, does it disappoint you?" Fred inquired.

"What the hell are you two talking about?" Ava asked, voicing Sophie's thoughts EXACTLY.

"You know, just about your 'breakup' with Fitz becoming official, like official. Like, no going back." Fred stated.

Sophie spat her orange juice everywhere and most of it just happened to land on the guys.

Whilst they sputtered, Sophie actually considered that question. She hadn't realised if she was acctually over Fitz, she told herself that she was but now that Fred had mentioned it............

No, she was over Fitz, right. It was kind of like a fight inside her brain: she was, she wasn't, she was, she wasn't, over and over again. Ping-pong style. And then a high pitched screamy-shouty-gawpy sound ripped her from her thoughts.

It was Keefe making that sound.

Keefe.

"What happened!? Keefe? Keefe are you ok, what's happened? Why are you shrieking? Oh my god, did you-" Sophie blurted.

"SOPHIE. FOSTER. YOU JUST SPAT ORANGE JUICE ALL OVER ME. ORANGE JUICE ALL OVER ME!" Keefe, well, there wasn't really a way to describe how he said it. The hall went silent, and the tension? The phrase 'you could cut it with a knife' won the understatement of the year award.

Keefe was just staring at her in disbelief and Fred was dripping from head to toe, glaring at Sophie.

"I'm so sorry." Sophie apologised. Fred letting out a sarcastic snort.