Chapter 43 - The Rise of the Green Reaper

Pov Bakugou
Deku didn't come back for the rest of lunch and I knew something was up. I bet his dad is going to try and get rid of flame brain or something and doesn't want Izuku anywhere near it. But why did he warn me? Be ready to fight and defend. What does that even mean? Why would I be the one to be attacked? And defend? Is someone else a target to? It must be...

"Uhm, Bakugou? You seem kinda distracted. Everything okay?" Jirou asked, quirking a brow.
"I don't trust the new principal, that's all" I grunted.
"What? But dude, he's Midoriya's father. I'm sure he won't harm his own son" Sero pointed out.
"No, he won't" I sighed, looking back down at the table.

"Not Izuku... But what about everyone else in here? He doesn't give a damn about us and you know it. Him being the new principal is all part of some bigger scheme that won't reveal itself until it's too late. I know him well enough to know he has something planned. Something I'm not gonna like"

"Oh come on Bakubro! Don't be such a pessimist all the time!" Kirishima smiled.
"It's not cause your boyfriend left you can start acting like a giant jerk again, you know?"
"Shut the fuck up shitty hair!" I hissed, almost releasing an explosion in his face. Luckily I remembered in time, letting my hand rest on his face for a second before pulling it away.

"Damnit"

"Yeah, I miss my quirk too..." Eijirou pouted, looking away from me. Damnit! Ugh, now I made him sad or whatever! Suddenly the doors of the canteen burst open, Toya flying through the air and harshly landing on the ground. People gasped and shouted and by the time Aizawa walked in, it was complete chaos.
"Holy shit!" Kirishima exclaimed, pulling at his hair.

"Everyone, please leave this area immediately!" Eraser called out as Toya crawled back up, blue flames surrounding him.
"I don't want to do this Shouta... But you leave me no other choice" the Todoroki growled. Fuck.
"What the hell has gotten into the two of you?!" Midnight screamed, coming in between them.
"Move it Nemuri" Toya hissed.
"I don't want to hurt you"

"Then don't! What's wrong with you?!" Midnight hissed, now standing with Eraserhead.
"You don't understand! I have to do this!" Todoroki yelled, tears in his eyes. Something is wrong. Something is very very wrong... Is this what Deku warned me about? Is his father behind this? I frowned, pulling Kirishima behind me. He should stay clear of action now that his defence is reduced to zero.

"We need to get out of here" Yaoyorozu stated.
"Everybody move out in an orderly fashion!" Iida yelled, moving his arms around like a stiff robot. Of course nobody gave a damn about orderly fashion. Everyone just stormed out, running for their lives. I found it strange the alarms hadn't been triggered yet, but then again, the principal was behind this whole mess to start with.

I turned around to make sure Kiri was following and saw Midnight pull the fabric of her costume apart to release her quirk. Only...nothing happened..? What? I saw that Present Mic tried to scream but nothing came out. My eyes widened. Fuck! Of fucking course! They've been planning this shit so they must've given the teachers quirk erasure drugs without them knowing! Suddenly all windows and doors got blocked. Ultimate lockdown. Oh so the alarms were triggered after all.

"Not so fast, heroes~"

My body froze at that voice, remembering it quite clearly. I tried to control myself, tried to stop shaking in anger, disgust, and pure fear. Shigaraki Tomura... In a matter of minutes, everyone was handcuffed with quirk eraser handcuffs. It was hard to fight when everyone was standing so closely to each other, with barely enough room to move, so they got to us quickly.

After that they dragged us to the big hall in the back of the building and threw us on the ground. There was some shuffling of people who tried to get a little more comfortable and some hushed whispers of panic and fear.
"Psst! Bakugou!" a voice whisper yelled from behind me, making my eyes widen.
"No fucking way..." I breathed.