Chapter 31 - Cheating?!

Pov Bakugou
"Oi, shitty hair, we're here" I grunted as I nudged him awake. I can't believe this idiot actually fell asleep with that maniac driving the bus. He blinked a few times, rubbing his eyes and yawning before walking with me towards the dorms.
"Sorry I pushed you about your hair, I didn't know it was a sensitive topic to you" raccoon eyes sighed as she walked with us.

"It's...complicated" Kirishima muttered, looking down at the ground.
"I just don't want to talk about it okay?"
How the fuck can dying your hair be complicated? Tch, I guess he had his reasons though. It's probably not just to look cool or be more like that Crimson Riot dude he looks up to. I mean, if even he doesn't want to talk about it, it's pretty fucking serious.

"Come on! We need to celebrate this!" Sero exclaimed happily as Kirishima entered the dorm.
"Oh! We'll make cake!" round face smiled, pulling frog girl with her into the kitchen.
"I can do decorations" Yaoyorozu offered, her quirk already in action. I rolled my eyes. These fucking extra's... But fine, since it was Eijirou's welcome back party, I'll let it happen.
"U-uhm, that's really sweet a-and all but I'd rather just go rest up in my room..." shitty hair stuttered nervously, a small smile lingering uneasy on his lips.

What?

He was never one to turn down a party, certainly not one thrown especially for him! I frowned at him as people tried to convince him otherwise. It just made him more nervous and stressed and even I know that can't be good with his current condition...
"Back the fuck away extra's! Can't you fucking accept no for an answer?! He doesn't want a damn party! How the hell would you feel when you just got kidnapped and some lame as villain erased your quirk completely?!"

"T-thanks Bakugou..." he whispered, keeping his head down as he walked towards the elevator. Jirou hit me on my arm, glaring as she silently gestured to the metal doors closing in on a depressed Eijirou.
"You just HAD to say that, don't you?" she hissed.
"Look what you did! You made him feel even worse about himself!"

"At least I don't try and act like nothing happened!" I shouted in anger.
"All you fucking shitheads are trying to sugarcoat it! Like his whole fucking future isn't destroyed! Like he isn't suffering! We dragged him out of the hospital only hours after he was freed. I don't know about you, but I remember how I felt when that happened to me, okay?"
"Dude, we'll never forget how broken you were..." tape dispenser whispered.

"It was the first time I'd seen you cry..."
"I told you to shut up about that" I grunted.
"Oh please, like you didn't break down for days just now" raccoon face groaned, tired of this shit.
"Well just imagine what shitty hair is going through right now! That shit is worse than what they did to me!"
"And if it even made you cry..." Jirou trailed off.

The class stood in silence for a while after some shocked gasps had echoed through the room. I let out a frustrated sigh before going to the kitchen and grabbing the fat ass cookie jar that stood on the counter. Nobody spoke as I dragged it with me into the elevator and pressed the button for my floor. A floor I shared with Kiri and previously Todoroki.

Anger rose up in me as I thought of that damn halfa. Trying to get close to me just to stab me in the back... To think that, for just a moment, I actually sympathized with him! To think that, if his façade had held a little longer, I would've probably taken him up on his offer to open up. I would've fucking shared my feelings with him! And he would've listened and think of me as pathetic. I bet he would've laughed about it with the Green Reaper afterwards.

I shook my head. No. I need to focus on shitty hair right now. He needs me more than ever. I stopped in front of his dorm door and took a deep breath before knocking. I could hear muffled crying from the other side and some shuffling on his bed. Not much later, the door creaked open, revealing the red puffy face of my best friend.
"Can I come in?" I asked, seeing him hesitate.