Chapter 23 - Todoroki Sensei

Pov Bakugou
I glared at the school gate, my mom beside me. It was a week before school started but we were asked to move into the new dorms ahead of time. It was to prevent villains from getting to the students, to prevent what happened to me... Of course the gang had been over during summer and we hung out a few times. Izuku had been all over me to, but I didn't mind. He was worried and sweet and I loved how I got his full attention whenever I asked for it.

There were also new photos and images of the Green Reaper and his gang, the D.E.K.U. ... That's why I don't call Izuku Deku anymore. He thought it was a stupid reason since we both got attached to the dumb nickname, but he also understood why.

"So? You're ready to see your classmates again?" mom asked cheerfully as we walked on campus. She'd insisted, not letting me out of her sight ever since my kidnapping.
"Tch" I scowled, thinking about those extra's. They'd all welcomed me back in the group chat and we talked a little about what happened but nothing else. This would be the first time I see most of them after what happened at camp.

"Ah, don't be like that brat! I'm sure they missed ya and the other way around!" she grinned, slapping me on my back.
"Shut up old hag!" I hissed, getting red from embarrassment.
"And don't you even think about going in there, got it?!"
"Pfft, already back to normal I see" she chuckled, ruffling my hair.
"Alright, call me when you need anything okay? Love you Katsuki"

"Love you too..."

She kissed the top of my head, waving me goodbye as she left me to walk the rest of the way alone. Hopefully no one saw that... I entered the new dormitory, seeing some people exploring the common space while others chatted happily away in the living area. I closed the door behind me, making some heads turn.

"Bakubro! You're finally here!" shitty hair exclaimed happily, running towards me, holding back a hug. Back when we first saw each other after the whole kidnapping deal, I'd allowed him to hug me. The whole squad had hugged me and I might've shed some tears... BUT IF ANYONE ASKS ABOUT IT THEY BETTER KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT!

"Our rooms are next to each other! How great is that?" he cheered.
"Amazing" I said on a tone that shouted 'I'm dead inside'. He didn't let it get to him though, knowing I actually cared about our friendship. I noticed the others were a little awkward around me, not knowing how to act after what happened. So they just kinda avoided me. I don't mind though. As long as my bunch of morons act normal, I'm good.

We all unpacked and settled in and before I knew it, it was time for dinner. The girls had cooked for everyone for the night and four eyes instantly purposed a schedule with equally divided tasks around the dorm. But that wasn't what got to me. No. It was the fact icyhot sat next to me at the dinner table. Out of his own free volition. What the hell?
"How was your summer, Bakugou?" he asked casually, like we were friends or something.
"Tch. What is it to you, half-n-half?" I hissed.

"Just want to make sure you're okay" he said, forcing a small smile.
"I know first hand what a confrontation with the Green Reaper is like. I've been where you've been... A-and if you need someone to talk to about it, my door is open for you"
I simply stared at him in slight shock. Kiri had heard it as well, probably thinking it was super manly, but he didn't speak up. And if anyone else heard, they didn't interrupt.

"Could you pass me the water?" he asked like he just didn't drop a massive bomb on me. Inviting me over to talk, me of all people, is a very big deal in my eyes. I don't share my emotions with just anyone and him saying he understands triggers me in all the wrong places. I grunted, handing him the water anyways.

"Oh, did you hear? We have a new teacher!" Ashido beamed.
"I heard he's a total goth" Jirou added with a grin.
"A new teacher? Why wasn't I aware of that fact?" four eyes asked in shock.
"He's only a temporary assistant" halfie corrected the girls, pouring himself a glass of water.
"And yes, I think you could say he is a 'total goth' as you mentioned"