Chapter 21 - Rescued

Pov Kaminari
Later that night I walked in on Todoroki changing into his villain outfit in our common changing room at HQ.
"Oh, I didn't know you'd be here as well" he said, a little surprised as he buttoned up his shirt.

"Bakugou is one of my best friends, I'm not leaving him if I can help it" I stated, unlocking my locker and taking out my costume. Why does this suddenly feel like a casual lockerroom conversation? Like we're just getting ready for training.

"Say, when is Midoriya gonna get here? I didn't see him when I came in"
"He should be here any minu-"
Todoroki cut himself short to look at me. That's right, I'm in on the secret too now! I mean, I did freak out to Shinsou about it... But everything made much more sense now! Midoriya is the Green Reaper and he cares for his friends. So that's why he helped Todoroki punish Endeavor and Shinsou follows him. They're his friends, not his lackeys, I think at least...

"He...told you?" Shoto asked in shock.
"Wait. Does that mean you're part of the group now? You joined the union?"
Wow, I really didn't think about that at all to be honest... I mean, Midoriya did think about me when setting up this rescue plan so...
"I-I don't know" I admitted, now confused myself.
"I mean... He just straight up asked me whether or not I wanted to help save Bakugou and I just said yes"

"Oh" he mouthed, continuing to get ready. It was silent for a while as we both changed into our villain outfit. It felt strange, but not in a wrong way. I'm not sure why though. I can't really describe it.
"So, are you still scared?" Todoroki asked out of nowhere.
"W-what do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"You're talking to me fluently, so I guess you're over the fact I've been working for the Green Reaper" he continued and I got a feeling to where this was going.
"You even accepted the fact your own boyfriend is a villain while you're training to become a hero... So tell me, now that you know Midoriya Izuku is the Green Reaper, are you still scared?"
"I don't know" I whispered, not making eye contact at all cost.

"It still makes me uncomfortable to think about, you know? How my own boyfriend is actually my enemy... How you, my own classmate, someone that should strive to be a hero, could walk the path of darkness... And now I'm told that the small quirkless green headed boy called Izuku Midoriya is the leader of a villainous organisation, the killer of All Might and countless of others, the Green Reaper... I just don't know what to think anymore"

"It's an act, you know... Once you understand the trick, it's easy to see through" Todoroki sighed.
"Not everything he says and does is real, not as Midoriya nor as the Reaper. But some things are, like his feelings for Bakugou for example. Or his friendship with me and Shinsou... The thing is, he only lies when he has to, to complete his image and satisfy the people around him. He's still the same person, you know?"

"He threatened to kill me! H-he put me through so so much pain! I-I can't even begin to describe-!"

"He did the same to me" he interrupted, his voice neutral like always.
"I discovered his secret by accident after the Sportsfestival and he instantly came after me. He had his hand on my chest, ready to finish it off, yet he didn't. Instead he gave me One For All, letting me suffer for almost a week until the quirk finally settled in. And together we ruined my father, which was a lot of fun, actually"

"Why?"

I slapped a hand over my mouth. Damnit! That was such a stupid question! Why did I even say that out loud?!
"Because behind the mask, he's still Midoriya" Shoto answered -wait hold on for a minute- smiling?! He was smiling?!

"Izuku-kun saved me, believe it or not. A-and...and he makes me happy... Something I haven't felt in a long time. It's the same for Shinsou, Kaminari. He's an outcast with a villainous quirk. Bullied and shoved away because people are scared of what he can do. And then Midoriya passed by, giving him friendship and a way to leave his mark on the world"