Chapter 38 - Getting Help

Pov Bakugou
Deku broke up with me while we weren't even together anymore. Fuck. I was angrily stabbing my food, getting concerned glanced from my classmates.
"Are you...okay?" Mina whispered, slowly placing a hand on my shoulder.
"Peachy" I gritted, glaring at Izuku, who was sitting all alone in a corner in the canteen. Green Reaper my ass...

I glanced aside, seeing a certain ex-rock boy. I stood up, stretched my arm out and snatched him, almost making him drop his plate.
"Sit" I hissed, pushing him down in the seat next to mine.
"B-Bakugou?" he squeaked, freezing up as all eyes fell on him.
"Kirishima..?" Sero asked surprised. His hair was all black now and laying down flat against his head.

"Hey! Middle school style!" Ashido smiled, punching him on the shoulder. He flinched a little at that, staring down at his food nervously.
"Uhm... H-hi..." he said with a small smile.
"So uhm... You seem to have killed your food"
"Shut the fuck up" I hissed at him, glaring him down.
"I still fucking hate you, just so we're clear"

"T-then why-?"
"Midoriya wants him to make up with you" Jirou shrugged.
"At least that's what I heard"
"Wait? Really?" Kirishima gasped, looking between me and the others.
"Dude, what happened to your hair?" Sero asked in a whisper, a tad bit confused.
"I almost didn't recognize you!"

"Ah, uhm, yeah... Red wasn't really my thing after all..." he muttered, looking down at his food.
"I think you look cute with black hair! Reminds me of the good old days, you know?" Mina smiled.
"Anyways, how are things between you and Midoriya? The two of you aren't even making eye contact"

"How the hell would you feel if you got cheated on?" I grunted, making Kirishima cringe in guilt.
"I-I'm really sorry about what happened, you know that" he whispered.
"Yeah, yeah, shut your trap. Izuku and I talked. It ended in shit and now he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore" I sighed.
"I lost him. It finally happened. I finally lost the first fucking friend I ever made... Fucking hell"

I threw my fork down and let out a frustrated sigh.
"So whatcha gonna do about it?" Mina asked, stealing a fry from Kiri.
"Hey!" the boy whined, pouting at the pink girl.
"What can I do about it?" I sighed, leaning back.
"I'd say, find his closest friend and get them on your good side. Always a good first step" raccoon eyes stated.

"Good luck with that" Kirishima muttered.
"His best friend was Shinsou, who turned out to be evil, and after that Todoroki and Bakugou, who're also both off the list by now-"
"I fucking get it shitty hair" I grunted, frowning. I caught sight of Toya laughing it up with Midnight. Hmm, they seem to get along quite well huh?

Wait...

An idea shot into my head and my frown changed into a smug smile.
"That's what I like to see" Mina giggled as I stood up.
"Unbelievable I'm saying this but thank you raccoon face, I now have a plan of action"
"Good luck dude!" Sero called after me as I walked up to the teachers.

"Ah, Bakugou, something the matter?" Midnight asked a little taken aback.
"Yes, actually. Uhm, could I talk to you for a moment, Todoroki sensei?"
"Todoroki sensei huh?" Toya chuckled, elbowing Midnight, who also laughed.
"Sounds like my old man! You must really want something from me ey?"
"Just, ugh, can we talk in private?" I groaned.
"Sure thing! Be right back" Toya smiled.

"And when you return, I want to hear all about that so called summer fling!"
"You've got it!"
I rolled my eyes. It was unsettling how well he got along with her. They were like besties right now... Disgusting.
"So? Whatcha wanna talk about kid? I'm sure it isn't anything about the hero curriculum" Toya sighed, leaning against the wall in the empty hallway.

"In case of emergency, would you be able to contact your brother?" I asked, getting straight to the point. He furrowed his eyebrows for a moment, crossing his arms.
"Why are you seeking out my baby bro?"
"I'm not trying to get him arrested, if that's what you're worried about" I grunted.
"Then what is it? You've never been friends with Shoto, I know that much, and you're also not crossing to the other side all of the sudden" he pointed out.