Chapter 2 - Vip

"S-surprise?" I added on a questioning tone before he cracked a smile. The class stared in shock as Bakugou started laughing, a genuine and soft laugh, unlike the one he always used in battle. I smiled a little bit brighter as well as he ruffled my hair. It's been so long since we last spoke, yet it almost seems like not a single day has passed since we parted ways 5 years ago.

"I never knew Bakugou could be like this" Kirishima whispered.
"Yeah... It's scary in a way, isn't it?" Sero asked.
"Come on Bakugou! Don't leave us hanging! Introduce your friend!" Mina exclaimed, breaking the moment.
"Like this stuttering mess hasn't told you his name already" Katsuki scoffed.

"So how do you two know each other? You seem like polar opposites to me" Uraraka asked. She has no idea how right she is with that statement...
"Kacchan and I are childhood friends! We grew up in the same neighbourhood and went to the same school before I moved away" I explained happily.
"So what's your quirk? I bet it's pretty awesome if Bakugou here actually wants to be associated with you" Kaminari joked. Yet that question turned the mood a little...darker.

For the world I was still and will always be quirkless. Something I was bullied for, looked down upon, as is the general view of the quirkless in the eye of society nowerdays. Since the quirkless are a dying fraction of the human race, they're seen as weak and incapable. The bottom of the list... Only one of the reasons I wanted to gain power over the years...

"Back off, fucking dumbass" Katsuki hissed, pushing him away from me before leaning over to my ear.
"You don't have to tell them if you don't want to"
"I-I know" I said with a weak smile. He knew it too. How people treat the quirkless. He has always tried to protect me throughout our childhood, ever since it was known I wouldn't develop one.

"You're quirkless, aren't you?" Todoroki spoke up, shocking most of the class.
"None of your fucking business half-n-half!" Kacchan shouted, explosions leaving his hands.
"N-no, he's right" I said in a small voice, looking around the room.
"I-I don't have a quirk. I'm quirkless"

"I never thought Bakugou would want to be friends with someone like that..." Jirou muttered quietly, but I heard anyway.
"We've known each other since before our quirks manifested" Kacchan stated, as if to clarify that he would never be friends with someone like me otherwise. And why would he? He was standing at the top while I sulked away at the bottom. Life is unfair, I learned that harsh truth at the age of four.

Therefore I want to create a new world, a better world. One with equality. One where heroes aren't arrogant show offs and those with less powerful or no quirk aren't looked down upon. But right now, I just needed to survive this. There was a remarkable shift in mood in the room as their eyes didn't look at me the same way anymore. Being quirkless meant I was less than them...

"If any of you bastards even think of laying a finger on him, I'll fucking-" Katsuki growled, but I stopped him before he could finish his threat. I grabbed onto the sleeve of his shirt, looking down at the ground as I felt their piercing eyes on me.
"C-can we go somewhere else?" I asked quietly.
"Of course" Kacchan said with a small smile. He glared at his classmates, flipping them off as we left the room.

"I'm sorry about those jerks, they don't know what they're talking about"
"It's okay... I'm used to it by now" I shrugged, which was the sad truth. When I moved away, I lost the protection Kacchan provided me, meaning I was all on my own. The only quirkless kid in a big school in a huge city... Getting bullied was inevitable. And with my memory, there was no forgetting what happened.

But that doesn't matter anymore now. I already tortured all of the people who dared to hurt me before slowly taking their life. It was fun. I do love a good revenge.
"You shouldn't be" he grunted, putting his hands in his pockets.
"When I'm number one, that's the first thing I'll change"
"W-what?" I gasped.