FUN GIRL : 1

Wow, I haven't wrote a one shot in over a year. 😬😭 Hey y'all!

The clock ticked, the rain fell from the sky and onto the concrete

The clock ticked, the rain fell from the sky and onto the concrete. The night was coming to an end, and a new day was soon to come. For some, it was bed time—12:13am to be exact. For others, it was the start of a new payday. The clock kept spinning, no pause on actual time.

For Aubrey, each minute was just an addition to his mental race of finishing his glass of whiskey. He was halfway done with his fifth glass, just about to send the bartender to get another one.

"One more." Aubrey placed the twenty dollar bill onto the wooden bar, watching the bartender slide it into her pocket. She heard that line five glasses ago, but he was tipping and she needed the money. Plus, she was used to this. Though he'd become a distant customer, she could never forget how he was when it came to his whiskey. So as long as he had the money, she'd give him what he wanted.

"What time is she coming to the stage tonight?"

Destiny raised an eyebrow, "If you wasn't so caught up in your own world of fame, you'd know she quit a month ago. The girl finished school and got the hell on, what the rest of wish we could do."

Aubrey look around the club, half naked women walked around looking for a nigga to bless their accounts for the night. "Caught up in my world of fame? I'm still the same Aubrey from years ago, I just got a little deal. Come on Des, you know me."

Destiny shrugged, "I don't actually, this is all new." She looked him up in down, the only thing that really stood out was the huge diamond chain—a gift from the label's CEO for bringing in a #1 debut album on the billboard charts.

"Look man, the night you had the listening party in Houston—you broke her heart. That girl spent all week, bragging to girls in the club about you making it. She spent two days at the Galleria looking for an outfit to wear, only for you to tell her she couldn't be your date. All because you wanted to protect your image, and what not. You don't even know how that made her feel, so no—I don't know you."

Aubrey sighed, "It wasn't like that, Des you know all of this shit is new to me. I tried to tell my PR that Nic was like my bestfriend, but they said a stripper wouldn't be good for my image right now. Nic knew I looked at her in a different light, the timing was just off."

Des shrugged, "And let me guess, you were too busy putting that album together and doing that press run. You didn't even know that she earned all of her credits early. Friends don't leave friends behind, but who am I to judge."

Destiny walked away once another customer came to the bar, leaving Aubrey alone to gulp down the second half of his glass,

On the other side of town, Onika fell into her new couch. The stack of papers that rested at her foot side scattered, but she didn't feel the need to pick them up. A full glass of wine and her computer is exactly what she needed. Sunday was approaching, and the readers of her latest urban novel would be waiting for their weekly update.

Getting her degree was a goal, despite having to strip to stay afloat throughout the years. With no support from family, Nicki was solid when it came to her friends. They were her family, on any holiday and any important event in her life—they were there. She kept her circle very small and close, no need for any discrepancies. Too many people was always the beginning of hectic situations.

Being a teacher's assistant wasn't necessarily the plan, but anything to give her writing credentials would do for now. She helped out in the creative writing class, which was an elective. Eventually, she wanted the chance to possibly run the class herself. But being a fresh graduate limited her experiences, which limited her work choices.

She couldn't just walk in interviews with her laptop, showing the boss her anonymous Wattpad account. Though her second book was well over a million reads and she had thousands of followers, an unpublished urban story wouldn't be enough to get her a job.

Writing had always been Onika's passion, so she got her degree in Journalism, minoring in both—music and English. It was difficult balancing it all, but she got it done—a semester early by the way.

Taking away her attention, her phone rung. She sat her glass of wine on the table, replacing it with the ringing iPhone. The number was unsaved and unknown, so the call was ended.

Not even ten seconds later, the number called again. Onika glanced at it for a second before a accepting the call, instantly regretting it.

"Onika?"

She knew that voice too well.

"What do you want Aubrey? How did you even get this number?"

He sighed? "Destiny, look I just need to talk. Just five minutes of your time."

"Two minutes, and the clock is ticking as you speak."

He sighed again, "Look Nic, I know you hate me."

She interrupted, "I can't hate those that need loving the most."

Being a writer allowed endless comebacks, it all came naturally.

😭 to be continued... ✌🏾🙂