Revolver

The meaning of love was deep, but I had made up my mind that it wasn't necessary.

I didn't need love and I didn't want it. It wasn't something that I yearned for, and it didn't seem essential to my life.

I had went my whole life trying to figure out what love was, and why I was missing it. After years and years of not having it, I figured it wasn't needed.

If not having love hurt so bad and made me feel so empty, I couldn't imagine what having love would do.

It all started at a young age with my parents. I heard plenty of stories about their love, and how they were too toxic for each other.

The stories explained what love should never be like, the stories forced me to stop searching for love.

I listened to people tell me that my father would beat my mother, and she would take it. She would allow him to mistreat her and neglect her like she was nothing.

When I came into the world he gave her the final ultimatum. It was leave to me with my aunt and be together, or be without him.

She chose the only love she knew and left me. I thought your parents were suppose to teach you what love was, but they taught me not to want love.

I didn't want to fall in love, I didn't want that commitment, I didn't want that intense feeling of affection. I hated the fact that love even exists and I always will.

Nobody can change that, or at least that's what I thought.
••

Onika Maraj.

Revolver: A repeating handgun that has a revolving cylinder containing multiple chambers and at least one barrel for firing. Revolvers might be regarded as a subset of pistols, or as an equal-ranking subset of handguns, distinct from pistols. Though the term "revolver" usually only refers to handguns, other firearms may also have a revolving chamber. These include some models of grenade launchers, shotguns, and rifles.

I looked at the clock, seeing it was a few minutes before twelve o'clock. I was beyond ready to leave this damn store, and on the verge of quitting for the one-hundredth time. I was one of the most short-tempered people on earth, but I somehow ended up with a job in retail.

The customers were so rude sometimes, and of-course, I was even ruder. If you had a nasty attitude with me and later asked how you looked in an outfit, I'd let you know exactly what was on my mind. If you were a sloppy ass bitch trying on a size 2, I would let you know that you looked a mess. I didn't feel like I was negative person, unless someone was negative to me.

No matter what I'd been through in life, I never took my problems out on anyone. I kept to myself, took care of myself, and worried about myself.

I was only twenty-two years old, and would be twenty-three in a few days. I'd experienced a roller coaster ride throughout life, but I'd never found anyway to blame anyone for my life struggles.

"It's twelve Maraj, you're free to go hun". I smiled at the older lady, who name was Mrs. Johnson. She was the owner of this lavish boutique, and she was also a friend of my aunt's. Her husband had passed a few months ago, and she desperately needed help while I desperately needed a job. My aunt told her about me, and I got the job onsite.