June 29th: Pornstar Pussy

I sat in the studio, looking over my notepad. Everything that had went down with Aubrey and I last night replayed in my mind, and the guilt slowly ate me up in side. For some reason, no matter what he did— I always found myself accepting some sort of blame.

I was very close to letting him fuck me like a porn star, on the counter tops that were purchased by another man. A man that I didn't even love and barely even liked. He was a good person, but we didn't really have that connection. The sex was good, but I wasn't feeling him mentally. All the money in the world couldn't heal a broken heart, especially not mine.

I was fairly fresh into this music business, but I was already a legend. My YouTube covers had managed to make it into the hands of a few people who told other people, which landed me a publishing and record deal with Republic Records. So far, I had wrote hits for new artists like Ella Mai, H.E.R, Kehalani, and SZA. Secretly, I had even ghost wrote for a rapper or two, but that was neither here nor there. As far as my music, I wasn't really pushing it. I had a few songs that did good on the radio, which helped me open up for SZA and Kendrick but I was taking my time with my own big project.

I sat the pen and pad in a chair next to me, slowly rubbing my temples. This whole situation was just stressing me out, I had to admit it.

I worked as an assistant for a popular fashion designer for a few months and he introduced me to Aubrey at a party some years back. From there on, we became friends and then eventually got into some sort of relationship.

He introduced me to a lot, but I never allowed him to take control of my musical journey. I wanted my name to stand alone, which is why we attempted to keep our relationship out of the spotlight.

I went through a lot with Aubrey, mentally and physically. I worked myself a lot, between beginning my musical career and dealing with my mental health— he often sought out other women. His thing for small waists and big asses was nothing new to me, I accepted that when I chose to enter his territory. He cheated a few times with a few different women, I accepted it and forgave him. He even went through this whole phase when he wanted to rekindle his relationship with Rihanna. We had an entire discussion about him working with him for the song 'Work'. He was going to do the video, and that would be all but boy was I wrong.

Rihanna was never the type to settle for a relationship, so that didn't work out. He literally left me at the house for weeks, while they spent time together out in Toronto. When that ended and he returned to California, I accepted him with open arms. It was never because I needed him, but it was more so because I wanted him. He came into my life when my depression was at a very deep stage, which caused me to be so attached to him.

Him admitting to me about possibly having a baby broke my heart the worst though, I walked out on him after that. For a few weeks, I rented out a suite at the Four Seasons hotel. Though I never sexually stepped out on Aubrey while in a relationship, I did find myself confiding in another man. Brandon Ingram, he played basketball for the L.A. Lakers and he was actually a cool person. The sex was really good, but I wouldn't necessarily say we were in a relationship. When I told him about everything that had been going on, he was an ear to listen.

My birthday had came around and I really had no one to spend it with. Besides the few people on Instagram and a few people from my label, no one really told me Happy Birthday. Brandon eventually surprised me with a gift. He took me to lunch and blindfolded me until we arrived to this sky rise condo. I had always told everyone about wanting a condo, it was always my dream. I was hesitant about accepting it at first because I didn't want any commitment, but he insisted that I accept the gift and we could remain friends.

Literally, weeks after moving into the condo— my music career had began to take off better than I'd imagined. SZA's album had just went platinum after I'd worked on it with her months ago. Focus by H.E.R had just went platinum after I co-wrote it with her. I was also finishing up songs for Kehlani, which would be revealed on her upcoming project. The icing on the cake was when I received the call from Kendrick Lamar to join him and SZA on tour. I was surprised that they even picked me, but I openly accepted it. I had a few songs, but I would be performing covers and freestyles for the most part.

Even though I was having so much success, I always wondered if Aubrey was proud of me. He never reached out and said congratulations or showed any love after I'd left, but I just felt the need to make him proud. One night, I sent him a text and told him about the tour and he replied with a congrats.  I contemplated on responding, but I just left him on read. I knew him and I knew that he was probably on the verge of killing himself over the paternity results that were probably still pending. I knew how he felt mentally about the baby, but my own hurt refused to let me address it.

I let him go the entire tour, I blocked him from all social media apps and deleted his number. Brandon and I messed around here and there, but we never crossed certain boundaries. The tour went well, very well. I gained fans, friends, and people I considered family in just a few short months.

Once I returned to Los Angeles, Aubrey was around doing big promo for his album. He had beef with Pusha T a few weeks ago and the baby situation finally came up, but I couldn't believe anything until Aubrey addressed it himself. When June 29th came, I stayed up all night until 12AM. I went to my Apple Music app and let the album play, consuming all of his lyrics.

Emotionless came on, which is where he confirmed the baby first. He wasn't hiding his son from the world, but he was hiding the world from his son. March 14th came on next, where he confirmed his son once again. He found out the baby in March and hadn't told me about anything, even though we had spoken through a very brief text message.

Somewhere deep down inside wanted to say fuck his son, but I couldn't do that. He was an innocent baby, who'd ended up in the spotlight because his father decided to nut inside of some porn-star pussy. For hours, I drunk my bottle of wine before finally texting him and saying congratulations.

I was bitter, so fucking bitter.

He showed no resentment on this album towards me, none whatsoever. The song 'Jaded' sounded like it was for me, exactly about me. How I left him through text and how I wanted to become somebody. He claimed he was hurting, but he couldn't say it. He also said I wanna hit him up when I make it, which was clearly about me telling him about the tour. None of it showed resentment though, I wanted to hear how sorry he was.

He called himself an 'Unforgiving, wild ass dog nigga." The entire album was filled with mixed emotions. At least the music that I wrote somehow conveyed the love I actually had for him.

When someone knocked on the door, I took my attention away from my pen and pad. Quavo was standing at the door, giving off a slight smile. "Hey, how you been ma?" I shrugged, "I've been good, I'm finally starting to work on my own project." He smiled while walking over to sit next to me, "You rapping or singing?"

"I think I'm going to do a little bit of both, I want my first project to represent every part of me." He nodded, "Well, I'm down there working on some shit right now. I got a few tracks that you can have, I think you'll sound good on them."

"Let's make it happen."