The Best Man (3)

Nicki

I laid my head on the head rest of my Range Rover, feeling blindsided by tonight's situation. Not only did Meek feel like I'd betrayed him, but he openly confessed to cheating. Though I admitted to nothing, I still wore the crown of guilt.

No matter what has been done or said, Meek was the only man I'd imagined myself with for the last two years. The situation with Aubrey was unexpected, and I didn't even understand why he waited so long to tell me the way he felt. The sexual connection between the us was undeniable, but I wasn't sure if an actual relationship would work.

I wondered what was so special about me for him to risk losing his friendship with Meek. What if they were both playing me and I end up looking like a fool in the end. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place, not knowing what to do at this moment.

I drove and drove, and somehow ended up in the only place that has seemed to comfort me for the last week. The rain hit the windows of my truck, and I saw lights coming from the house.

My truck wasn't parked in the driveway, but in front of the house instead. Two other cars sat in the driveway, one belonged to Aubrey and the other one was one that I'd never seen.

The front door to Aubrey's home opened, and a young woman exited as he held the front door for her. She was dressed in a jogging suit and used a large umbrella to block the rain from hitting her. He kissed her on the lips before she walked away, and quickly got into the car that rested in his drive way.

A few minutes after she pulled away, Aubrey walked outside with a large hoodie and an umbrella. He quickly jogged over to my side of the truck, opening my door.

"You gone sit there or come inside"? I rode my eyes. He just had another woman inside of his house and kissed her on the lips, and let me watch it all happen.

"Who was she Aubrey"? He smacked his lips, "She was a friend of mine, visiting for a few minutes".

I cut my eyes at him, "You had sex with her, didn't you"?

"What does that matter, what's wrong with you"?

"It matters a lot! You were just fucking me in every spot of your house yesterday, and you have somebody else in there already"? He ran his hand across his beard, "You need to come inside. It's pouring down raining and you barely have on any clothes, come inside Nic".

I hesitantly unbuckled my seat, and took the umbrella from his hand to cover my body from the rain. I locked the doors to my truck and quickly jogged towards the house with Aubrey following close behind.

His home was much warmer than the weather outside, but I was still quite upset about what I'd just witnessed. I knew that Aubrey didn't owe me any type of commitment, but I still felt a little uneasy about seeing another woman touch him.

He came in shortly after me, making sure to lock both doors. He took his hoodie off, hanging it up in a closet located in the living room.

"You want to tell me why you're here and not home with Meek"?

"Why are you so worried about him, you wasn't thinking about him yesterday".

He chuckled, "You made it clear that what we had was going to end. You made your decision, and I have no choice to but to be fine with it".

"I can't do it anymore, I think about you too much

"I can't do it anymore, I think about you too much. He came home about two hours late today and assumed that this mark was a hickey".

"It is a hickey", he placed his thumb on my breast, touching the red mark. "I gave it to you yesterday, remember"? He asked with a grin plastered across his face.

"Shut up Aubrey, you know what I meant. He's thinking I'm cheating, and he even went off on me about the club incident. Why would you even tell him"?!

He laughed, "It wasn't that serious, I just told him we ran into each other and I dropped you off. I told you Meek wasn't the one for you, and I'm giving you time to realize that yourself".

I cut my eyes at him, "Is he fucking someone else"?

"I don't want to fill your head with what I know, you'll find out sooner or later". I rolled my eyes, "He said he was".

"Do you believe him"?

I shrugged my shoulders, "The trips all the time, the late night phone calls, and the way he's been acting lately. I know there's someone else, I'm not dumb".

Aubrey chuckled, placing his hand on my thigh. "He doesn't care about you Nic, not the way that I do". He moved his hand to my inner thigh, gently squeezing it.

"He put that bruise on your wrist"? I turned my face away from Aubrey, I didn't want to face him anymore. I loved Meek, but I've also realized that I loved Aubrey. I felt bad on both ends, less than a woman for even putting myself in this situation.

"Did he do this to you"? He asked again, but used his index finger to turn my face back towards him. I nodded my head, "I tried to walk away but he pulled me back towards him".

He shook his head, "You don't bruise a woman you love, unless you're going to do it the right way".

Without hesitation, he placed his soft lips on the side of my neck. One hand rested on my right ass cheek, while the other found its way up my shirt and into my bra. He used his teeth to gently bite down on my skin, which would be sure to leave a mark.

"Aubrey-I don't think we should right now". He lifted his head away from my neck, "If you don't want to we don't have to".

I nodded my head, "I just want to rest. I need to think of my next step in life, figure out what I'm going to do now. What happens if I fall in love and you cut me loose"? Aubrey lifted his head up, looking me in my eyes. "I wouldn't do that to you, I'm not him".

"He said the same thing when I met him, he wasn't like the last guy. Look at us now, I'm fucking his bestfriend".

He wiped the tear that was falling from my eyes, "You're fucking someone who cares about you, and wants to cherish you like everyone else couldn't".