10. Hot Off The Press

(Y/N) POV

☆°~♡~°☆

RJ and I made our way back to Diamond City in near silence.

It was a comfortable silence, like we were both satisfied with ourselves for taking down Kellog.

But I also didn't want to talk, as I was so busy thinking about me kissing his cheek,

Yeah it was just on the cheek but still I don't know if he liked it or I liked it or-

I mean... I did like it, but... now I couldn't stop thinking about Nate.

Was it too soon? Did I move on too quickly?

No, it's been over 200 years... 200 years without him.

I think he would want me to move on, and I think him and RJ would have gotten along.

In some way or another...

☆°~♡~°☆

RJ walked through the gates of Diamond city, the guards giving him worrying looks which he returned with a grin.

I followed close behind, RJ and I, after getting Nick to talk to the mayor, were now allowed to keep our,

And I quote 'horrid trash bags'

On while we were in the city.

Atleast the mayor was starting to warm up to us,

Nick even suggested to buy a house here since we spend more time in the city then I'd like to admit.

When we asked the Secretary she said it was 2000 caps...

We did not have that much. And I didn't plan on making RJ empty all his savings just to get a comfy bed,

Thank heavens the Priest was still letting us crash with him even though we could have gone to the Dug Out In now that we could afford it.

But I didn't mind and I don't think RJ did either.

After walking through the market place we headed back to Nicks and filled him in on what we found and what happened, minus the part where I had a break down.

"Alright, let's go to Piper. Smart idea by the way."

I grinned at RJ, who rolled his eyes playfully.

The three of us all walked to Piper and knocked on the door,

"Hello?"

Came a voice from inside, the door opened and Piper's little sister Nat stepped out,

"Hey, mind if we talk to Piper?"

Nick asked,

She smiled at Nick but looked suspisiously at RJ and I.

"Hmmmm... ok."

She shrugged and moved aside to let us in.

Piper was on the couch, reading over one of her newspapers a cigarette in her mouth,

She looked up at us with a smile and set her paper down before standing to greet us.

"Well well, Nicky Valentine walked into my office for a change."

She smiled at Nick,

"What can I say, Piper? You, me and bad luck all seem to run together like acid run down an old sewer."

He tipped his hat at her,

Piper nodded her head at RJ and I,

"You uh, including your client here in that analogue?"