Ghost Train

Dipper felt a jolt as the train flew over a slight dip in the tracks. His head smacked into the window, waking him up fully and knocking his headphones askew. The teen yawned deeply and flicked off the audio book he'd been using to consume time on his journey.
A look out the window saw the sweeping views of mountains morph gradually into a bustling suburban sprawl for miles on end. An announcement over the train's rather grainy tannoy system proudly claimed the following, "Ladies and gentlemen, we will shortly be arriving into Amity Park Station. If you are leaving us here then please make sure you have all your belongings and wait for the train to stop completely before exiting the carriage. Thank you for travelling with us."
Pines lugged his heavy ruck sack off the train, knocking aside multiple people as he did so. He stumbled anxiously around until he saw the cab bay.

"Um...hi there...I'm looking to get a cab to Fenton Works?" Dipper nervously choked to the taxi driver.

The driver tilted his head and stared, "Fenton Works? Why in the world y'all off there kiddo?"

"I'm...visiting..."

"Aight. That'll be 5 bucks please kid."

Dipper climbed into the cab and handed the driver a handful of change from his pockets. The man scoffed at the pennies but accepted them and set off grumbling under his breath.

After a short ride from the station, the yellow taxi trundled up to a bizarre rundown building. I looked like a small apartment block with a strange metal thing stuck to the roof. The words 'Fenton Works' were proudly emblazoned on said metal thing and a series of short concrete stairs led up to what Dipper could only assume to be the front door.

The boy kindly thanked his driver and excitedly slid out the car. This was it. The moment he'd been waiting for. With a deep breath, he seized his bags and went to the door, tentatively knocking it.