Sibling Love

"Boo!"

Jasmine Fenton flew six foot into the air with fear. Behind her peals of laughter rang out.

"Ha-ha, very funny Danny. Just like the other ten thousand times you made me jump." She scowled disapprovingly at her younger brother who made himself visible to her as she moaned.

"Maybe but what's hilarious is you fall for it every time! Aren't you supposed to be smart?" The ghost remarked with high levels of sass.

"Well- Eugh never mind!"

"Danny! Jazz! Please come downstairs!"

Danny smirked at his sister as two whitish-blue rings of energy formed around his body, allowing him to transform back into his human alter ego. Jazz slammed the lid of her laptop down and glared at him briefly before heading downstairs as instructed. Fenton followed suit.

"Jazzypants! Danny!" The siblings' father, Jack greeted them as they simultaneously entered the kitchen. Jazz groaned in response, hating the nickname her dad designated her. Danny on the other hand had a broad but curious grin on his face.

"What's up mom?" He asked sweetly. Maddie Fenton stopped soldering some random and ridiculously named ghost hunting gadget.

"There's some good news! Danny your idea for a newspaper ad worked like a charm! We had a call from a young man from California and he's coming to join us later this month! Isn't this exciting!"

Danny and Jazz exchanged a sorrowful gaze. In truth, Danny had suggested a paper ad as no one would accept that sort of thing from the paper! He and Jazz had had bad experiences with previous interns, Danny was usually more at risk than Jazz but the point still stood. No intern had ever lasted longer than two days. The most recent had left in the middle of the night due to being too scared.

"Err mom...maybe we could do without an intern this year perhaps?" The halfa offered.

Jack Fenton interjected at this point, "This young man has dealt with the supernatural before! Most importantly he's had previous ghost hunting experience and has great sense of intuition! It'll be great to welcome him on board - maybe we can blather on about ghosts together?"

Jazz sighed, "Great sense of intuition, huh?"

"Yes! He apparently - with the help of his twin - solved the murder of his uncle's wax figure!" Jack added with joy.

"But wax figures can't get- I give up. I'm going out for a bit...I need to clear my head." Danny murmured and left without a fuss. Jazz dashed after him.

"Danny! Where are you going?"

"Out for a fly? Is it too much to ask that I get some me time?"

Jasmine sat down on the stairs, "You might need to be careful around this new guy - he's coming whether we like it or not - I mean, yes, the whole wax figure murder mystery thing sounds a little far fetched, but he could be potentially be dangerous if he's had previous experience? Well just have to hope he only lasts one night."

Danny shrugged passively, sweeping a large section of his raven hair from his face, "I suppose you're right...hopefully he's a wuss."