End of Term

Brrrrrrrrrrriiinngggg!

The last bell of the school day rang out loudly to signal the start of the summer break. Dipper grinned ecstatically. It was almost time for him to go to Amity Park. The excited teen had been systematically counting down the weeks, days, hours until he was on that train. He was very excited.

Mabel caught up to him as he exited the school doors, a slightly disappointed look on her face. Dipper cottoned onto her saddened expression instantly.

"C'mon Mabel! It's the end of term! That means SUMMER!" He had a wide smile.

Mabel seemed a little less enthusiastic than her twin, quite role reversal. She offered him a pathetic attempt at looking somewhat happy, "Yay? But we'll be spending the summer apart! You leave for Amity Park tomorrow! It's not fair!"

"It's a once in a lifetime chance to visit this place - I've been wanting to visit for years now!"

Mabel simply let out a heavy sigh and shrugged, "Whatever. Let's just go home."

With that the two twins began their steady walk home, awkwardly discussing the upcoming summer vacation. A few gentle drop of rain began to fall, causing the paving slabs below their feet to become dotted with water.

When they reached home, Mason excitedly packed his bags ready for his early morning departure. His eyes were buzzing with excitement and exhilaration. Mabel was not so excited for this but simply smiled at him, happy that he was getting to make some new friends at least.