Chapter 25: Staring At Switches

- Link -

I

opened my eyes slowly and I groaned slightly at the aching pain in my body. I looked beside to see Palutena lying there and I shook her body slightly. "Wake up, don't give up so soon..." I mumbled, continuing to shake her. She opened her eyes soon enough and she looked around, sighing while she did that. "Sorry, that impact just really...hurt, for a lack of better words," Palutena replied, rubbing her forehead with her fingers. "It's okay, that light was enough to hurt us but, not kill us," I spoke, lending her hand. "Correct, I'm glad we managed to survive that." Palutena smiled as she held my hand and slowly got up on her two feet. "You didn't dodge that light attack, imbeciles. I helped and saved you!" An angry voice exclaimed. "Who goes there?" I asked as Palutena and I stood against one another. "The person who saved you! Link...Lady Palutena..." The voice answered yet, it switched between sadness and anger. We both looked at one another in confusion and walked in the direction of that voice. Soon enough, we turned around a rock to see Pit lying on the ground with his right hand held tightly around his left wrist. "Link...Lady Palutena..." He mumbled again. "Pit!" I exclaimed, running to his side. "My angel!" Palutena exclaimed as well. But, before we could reach him, he growled and slammed his left hand against the floor. A sudden white force field threw us back as he went back to whimpering. "Don't come near me...please." Pit spoke, forcing his head down. "Oh, Pit. Please, let us help!" I said, trying to convince him. I slowly walked toward him again but, Palutena grabbed my arm as she stared at him with hesitation.

"I'm dangerous...I hurt many people. I don't want to hurt you...two." He spoke, voice cracking as he did. "It doesn't matter, we helped the others return back to normal! Let us help you!" I desperately exclaimed. He growled again as his left hand scratched at the floor below him. "Pathetic excuse of an elf. Not knowing when to give up and leave." Pit spoke, chuckling afterward. "Pit?" I questioned, my eyes widen at the sudden change. "Who is that? Never heard of him..." He replied, smiling widely. Palutena slowly let go of my arm as she stared in disbelief at what she heard.

I could feel my calmness be overpowered by a boiling angry slowly rising in me. I quickly walked over to the light angel and grabbed him by his scarf. I lifted him up until he was at my height and I glared at this...imposter. "What did you do to Pit? Tell me now!" I yelled, tightening my grip every minute. The angel in front of me laughed maniacally and I roughly shoved him against the floor. "Tell me!" I repeatedly yelled, my words being overpowered by his laughter. He finally calms down after a minute or three of laughter and looks at me with a smirk.

"He's already gone..." He whispered, his wide smile still present. I slowly let go of him as I back away from...whatever he is supposed to be. Yet as I looked down and returned to Palutena, I noticed something. Pit looked down as well and began to cry with his widened eyes. He began to pant softly in between his sobs. "Help...me..." He mumbled, broken-sounded. "What's happening, Palutena?" I asked, scared at the sight before me. "I'm guessing when Galeem fused with Pit, Pit's goodness and Galeem's evil are off balance and so, they switch in Pit's body." Palutena theorized as she continued to stare.

"You're...right...but...can someone kill me? Can someone help me...? I'm scared..." Pit mumbled out before he looked up. He didn't have those red eyes or big wings lightened up by red, orange, blue, or purple. It was Pit, the angel with blue eyes and regular angel wings. "Oh, Pit, we'll save you, I promise," Palutena replied, continuing to stare. The goddess of light just couldn't handle seeing her angel in such a state, it was almost heartbreaking to her. She didn't know what to say or do, she could only stare.

"Don't make promises you can't keep...and Pitoo? Where is he?" Pit responded as he looked around from his spot. "Pitoo...I'm imagining Dark Pit is feeling the same way you do, right now," Palutena replied. Pit was about to reply until he was interrupted by his own scream. His wings slowly plucked themselves of his feathers as they began to grow. "What's happening?" I asked again, backing away from the sight. "I think Galeem is taking full-control of Pit's body!" Palutena replied, backing away as well.

Once his wings were completely featherless, they began to glow with lights of red, orange, blue, and purple. He slowly hunched over the ground with pain as he grasped on the ground below him. "Link...Palutena..." Pit mumbled, looking up with tears in his eyes. Palutena and I look up by the sounds of our names leaving his lips. "Please...smile for me...I don't know how much longer I'll be here so...please, smile for me..." Pit explained, extending his hand toward us. "What are you saying?" I asked. "Please...smile for me...you two..." Pit mumbled again, tears rolling down his face.

We both look at one another and before you know it, I give him a genuine small smile as Palutena smiles widely and happily through her tears. "Yeah, that's it! How...lovely..." Pit mumbled before he collapsed on the ground as his eyes shut tight. I gasp softly when I hear the sudden impact but, I gasp louder when I see Pit get back up again. "Link..." Palutena spoke, nudging my sleeves. I see Pit slowly get up with his hands at the ground as he shakily got up. His wings beginning to flutter in the air as he jumped slightly.

"Okay, who is next to be zapped with light?" Pit asked, eyes immediately opened to see show his red eye color.