Chapter 15: The Future

- Rosalina -

I gently hum as the younger fighters start to slowly fall asleep. I turn off the lights once I know that they all finally fell asleep after a long day. These poor fighters must deal with such despair and distress. I walk through the halls until I look in one of the rooms. "Hm? Palutena?" I questioned, seeing the older fighters into one room. "Ah! Rosalina, I thought you went to sleep." She replied, looking toward me. "Well, I was about to after putting the children asleep. Yet, I couldn't help but, notice the number of people in this room." I explained, looking around. It seemed as if every fighter was surrounding something or someone. "Well, it's Shulk," Palutena spoke, hesitantly. "What about him?" I asked, concerned. "We're asking him about the future and what will happen. So far, we've been getting nothing." Palutena responded, looking back at the crowd. "For how long has he been doing this?" I asked, knowing that Shulk can get a little light-headed after doing this for a while. "Uh, we started this once you entered the room to soothe the kids down," Palutena spoke as I stood next to her. "So far, he's seen so many futures yet, he doesn't see that we or he wants." She explained as she sighed afterward. I walked closer into the crowd to get a better view of Shulk as I grew more concerned. "Come on, you can do it!" Someone from the crowd exclaimed. I could see Shulk sitting on the ground, criss-cross as his eyes were closed. I could tell he was extremely focused on the multiple futures around him and how they could get them. I could see how he was struggling to maintain his look on the future. But, before he could go any further, it stopped.

He opened his eyes and slowly laid on the ground as he tried to catch his breath. "Please, let me through. I must aid him!" I spoke as the crowd let me through. I kneeled next to Shulk and put his head on my lap to see if anything was wrong. I put my hand on his forehead to see if he had a fever. I checked his pulse to see if it was normal. I heard to see if his heartbeat was still there and beating normally. Everything was fine yet, he still looked extremely tired.

"Did anything happen?" Mario asked as he stepped closer to us. I looked down and shook my head which sent a wave of relief over everyone. "Shulk, buddy, you okay?" Link questioned as he stepped next to Mario. "Hm, Link? Mario? Rosalina?" Shulk mumbled as he slowly opened his eyes. "I'm very glad you woke up, Shulk but, please do be careful getting up and trying again," I spoke as he sat up. "Did you see anything?" I asked, noticing the stares from everyone in the room. "Hm, I tried and I have seen multiple futures. Yet, I can't remember much." Shulk responded, a hand on his forehead.

Everyone sighed in disappointment, I suppose they wanted something good from the future to ease everyone's stress. "Although, I do remember something little. It's about a fighter." He added, looking at everyone in the room. "Which one?" Link asked. "Well, it was hard to tell at first. It had wings." Shulk spoke, trying to remember what the figure looked like. I heard small gasps coming from Palutena and Dark Pit. I looked up to see Link's eyes widen. "A Pokemon?" Mario suggested, remembering that Charizard was still out there.

"No, it wasn't, it was a human figure with wings. I thought it was Dark Pit but, then I realized he was here. So, it's Pit." Shulk explained as three fighters walked toward him. "Wait, what about Pit came from that future vision?" Dark Pit asked, hopefully. Hopefully. He hopefully wished to have more information about his twin. On how to find and bring the missing angel back to them. Hope was all Link, Palutena, and Dark Pit could have. "It seemed to be someone fighting Pit but, I'm not sure. Although, I can tell where Pit is located, now." Shulk responded, standing up after a small rest on the ground.

"Where is he?" Palutena asked, desperately. Even if she was nothing more than Pit's Goddess, she still cared about the angel boy like he was her son. "It seemed to be Final Destination. It had space in the ground and metal ground." Shulk described, hesitantly. "Although, for some reason, I feel uneasy about that location and going there to save Pit." He added which made the two look at him quickly. "What, why?" Dark Pit questioned. "That vision I saw, it seemed as if Pit was finishing someone off. He was looming over someone with his staff in hand." Shulk explained.

I could already imagine why he was uneasy, something like that would definitely put our safety in jeopardy. Palutena and Dark Pit looked down with disappointment in their face. They wanted the angel boy back home with them yet, it seemed the timing wasn't right. Perhaps future vision is a blessing and a curse. I stood up and put my hands on both of their shoulders as they looked up at me. "I'm sorry to hear that you two had to hear that. It must be really tough without Pit." I spoke, gently.

"It is, Rosalina. It most certainly is." Palutena replied, her voice breaking slightly. I looked at Dark Pit who seemed to have tears in his eyes. Even if Dark Pit doesn't show it, he truly cares for Pit and seeing him gone must be heartbreaking. "No. I refuse to let Pit suffer any longer." Link spoke, suddenly. "But, Link, the future vision! What I'm saying will come true!" Shulk warned. "I don't care, I might as well go to Final Destination and save Pit. I can't wait for another opportunity to roll up because I'm not sure if another will pop up." Link explained, looking at us. "Link, I'm not so sure about that." I responded. "I am!" Dark Pit exclaimed.

"Count us in." Palutena added.