Chapter 8: You're Back!

-3rd Person-

Kirby ran to the next location but, this time by himself. A month passed since the destruction from the light. Kirby managed to save Mario and the rest of his franchise's characters. They were all grateful for Kirby saving them and accepted to help him save other characters. Although, weirdly enough, none of the saved characters could remember what happened or what they did during their disappearance. Kirby didn't care whatsoever as he just wanted to see his beloved friends once again. After all, they were gone for a month and Kirby can't survive a day without affection or love from any of these characters. Or at least, Kirby can't really live with himself if he knows that any of these characters are in trouble and in need of help. After, a long group hug, Kirby and the rest of the Mario characters planned out what they should do. Such as how they should save each character, what to do if they're attacked, or where they should live. Princess Peach did note that the world was completely destroyed and many locations were separated from one another. After a while of planning, everyone agreed on what to do for their mission to save everyone. All of them will save one franchise and once each character from that franchise is saved, they'll move onto the next franchise. The next franchise they agreed to save was the "Legend of Zelda" so, that's what they did. However, Kirby decided to go solo when they all slept throughout the night. He figured out where Link was and wanted to save him immediately, he just couldn't wait until the daytime. He wanted to have Link on his team already because he had a special mission for him, specifically. One that will help remember who he is and forgive himself for what he did to someone.

So, that's how Kirby is here. Now currently, face to face with Link who is controlled by an unknown being that Kirby can't remember the name of. Link suddenly runs up to Kirby with his sword in hand and Kirby slightly panics at the sudden action. He backs up slightly and uses his combo moves to defend himself from Link. Link gets up quickly and grabs something from his belt which has Kirby thinking. He hasn't been able to battle someone for the Smash Tournament since the light came in.

Link throws the object at Kirby who realizes it's a bomb. But, what kind? A smoke? A real one? He quickly runs away and the bomb explodes yet, he managed to earn some damage to himself. Link once again brings out his sword and runs to Kirby. This time, the sword managed to hit Kirby who gets knocked backward immediately. He gets back up, slightly regretting coming here like this and not letting someone else deal with Link. But, then, he remembers, that only Dark Pit has been able to battle against Link. Even if he lost, Dark Pit knows his move set.

Move set...Move set! Kirby suddenly remembers one of his abilities he can use in battle. Although, he doesn't know if it will work or not considering Link is controlled by another character. Kirby opens his mouth and a gust of air is thrown into Link's face. Link tries his best to get away from the tornado-like move. He fails as he ends up getting in Kirby's mouth who then spits him out. Kirby looks at himself to see a different outfit on him. He looks at Link who currently is disgusted by the amount of salvia on him.

Kirby has Link's outfit meaning that he has one of Link's moves. Link is too busy to focus on Kirby since he tries his best to remove the salvia on him. Kirby then runs up to him using a combo repeatedly which gives Link a massive amount of damage. Kirby knows this is his chance and uses Link's moveset against him. Link is up immediately but, his guard is slightly lowered and his stance seems tired. Like he's about to pass out or something. Kirby closes his eyes tightly as he uses the ability on Link.

He hears a hard thud on the ground and Kirby opens one of his eyes slightly. "What happened?" Someone spoke in a rough and tired tone. Kirby opens his eyes immediately to see Link on the ground rubbing his head. He looks up to see Kirby and he smiles as he opens his arms. Kirby smiles back and runs into Link's arm. How happy both of them are to see one another again. "Hey, Kirby. How are you?" Link asked, trying to soothe Kirby's excitement. "Poyo!" Kirby exclaims, still snuggling into Link's arms. Link sighs and hugs Kirby tightly too.

"Wait! Where's everyone?" Link asks, concern in his tone. Kirby looks at him with a worried tone and stands beside Link. Link gets up as he notices Kirby pointing to the horizon. He sees it. He sees lighted up locations. He sees location broken from one another and how dark and gloomy everything seems. Link feels the wind in his face and removes the hair in his face as his eyes widen. His brain suddenly reverts to a memory he had before he was captured by that light. The memory shows a shocked and scared Pit looking at him as the light was about to hit him.

"Where's Pit? Where is he? Where is everyone?" Link exclaimed, panicking.  How long was Link gone? Where is everyone else? Where did hurt? Dead?! Kirby tugs onto Link's clothing to which Link looks down. Kirby is now facing the horizon and tries to walk but, Link is stopping him from doing so. Link sighs and walks along with Kirby to somewhere. But, where? Is he the first one to be saved? The last one? Link can't help but, overthink everything that is happening. From the characters he misses, the world that is now destroyed, and his kind angel maid.

Is overthinking really gone solve anything?
No.
And he knows that.