Chapter 1: Welcome Back

-Link-

A letter had arrived today, Super Smash Bros Tournament. I remember slightly about it but, not all of it. I do know that it is a fighting tournament against worthy enemies. I know that I can befriend them too. So, that's how I ended up here. Walking across a forest to a building with Zelda but, not my Zelda, another Zelda from another 'timeline'. Confusing? I know. "We should be arriving soon. I sense it." She spoke as she took my hand. I nodded and she began to walk faster. "Link, do you remember some of your friends from the tournament?" She asked. I slowly shook my head and looked down in disappointment. All my memories are so foggy and unclear yet, one memory sticks out. A boy, he's crying and he's in front of me. Why is he crying? "It makes sense considering the game you are from. Ah, we are here!" Zelda replied and we looked at a building in front of us. We went through the doors, hand in hand still. I was then greeted by many people and the room was filled with talking. "Link! It's so-a-nice to see you!" A person exclaims. I look in the direction of the voice to see a man with a red color scheme of clothing and blue overalls. "That's Mario and his brother, Luigi. There's Kirby, Bowser, Fox, and Ganondorf." Zelda explained but, her tone lowered at the last name. I waved at everyone with a smile while giving Ganondorf a glare. "I'm sorry about Link, he's the one from the recent game and well, in the game, he just loses his memory." She spoke to them, I looked away. The game I come from is dramatic yet, adventurous. I don't like the fact that I lost my memories so easily, from that game and this tournament.

My eyes suddenly caught a glance at three people. A green-haired lady, a black angel, and white angel. I poked Zelda's shoulder and she turned around to face me. Once she saw I was staring at someone, she looked in my direction. "Would you like to greet them?" She asks and I nod quickly. I could hear her giggle and bid farewell to the others. We soon make our path to those three individuals. "Did you know that Angels can have more than one person to serve? The white angel is named Pit, servant of the Goddess of Light. Although, if someone were to do something grand for him, he would repay the offer by serving them for a limited time." Zelda explained.

"Hello there, my name is Zelda. And this is Link. And you three must be?" She exclaimed and soon all three divine entities faced us. "Ah, yes. Many characters had changes to them, I remember. I am Lady Palutena, the Goddess of Light." The Green-Haired woman spoke. "The name is Dark Pit." The dark angel grumbled as he sent me a glare. "My name is Pit, servant of Lady Palutena. Zelda, you look so cute! Link, you look very...handsome!" The light angel exclaimed. "Aw, why thank you! You are such a dear." Zelda replied, blushing slightly. "T-Thank you, I appreciate it. You are also very cute." I spoke, I'm not very used to talking.

"Thanks, Link! We have to get going, now. Bye!" Pit exclaimed and pushed the two others away. I looked at Zelda confused at what happened but, she just shrugged. "Although, one thing is for sure. We must get going, I heard they are giving out the keys for our rooms." She responded as she took my hand.

-Time Skip-

"As always, thank you for joining for this year's Smash Tournament!" Master Hand exclaimed then, disappeared. I looked down at my key then, Zelda took out her's. "Different rooms. What a bummer." She commented as she saw my room number. I sweated a little as I realized I wouldn't be with her and I needed her to remind me what to do. "Don't worry, I'm sure you will be fine. Everyone understands what happened, Link. Now, let's get going to our rooms. I'll see you soon." She spoke as she noticed my reaction. I nodded and she smiled as she went down a hallway.

I slightly smiled and continued to look for my room number. I looked both ways to spot my number and I kept repeatedly looking at my key. "020!" I softly exclaimed. I put the keys in the lock as I creaked open the door. "Welcome home, Master!" A voice exclaimed and I jumped back. "W-Wait, master?" I questioned and entered the room. I saw Pit bowing before me with a smile on his face. "Yes, correct, I said master." He replied and I closed the door behind me.

"In gratitude of saving me, I shall serve you for this Smash." The angel stated. 'Guessing Zelda was right.' I thought as I fiddled with my tunic. "S-Saving you?" I asked under my breathe. "Anyway, Link, I will do whatever you ask me to do. So, how shall I serve you?" He questioned as he jumped onto one of two beds. "What can you do?" I asked as I sat on the other bed. "I can clean, sometimes cook, protect, and eliminate if necessary." Pit listed. "Okay, first, I need you to answer some questions," I spoke. "Of course!" The Light Angel exclaimed.

"C-Can you tell me who am I? W-What am I to you? W-When did I save you?" I asked.

[A/N: I have a headcanon where if a character is changed to a new version of themselves, the memories of past Smash Tournaments they attended from the old version will transfer to the new version. So in this case, TP-Link has no memory of Smash anymore BOTW Link has them now.]