Chapter 19: Wha-How?

- Link -

The journey continued after what happened in the morning. But, there was a hint of uneasiness in the air that just lingered there. It never went away and because of that, silence overtook our journey. No one said a word as we tried our best to look out for enemies or the person who took away our items. Yet, it sucked. We had to try our absolute best to remember where to go and where we were. Palutena sighed as she looked down and I looked up at her. She seemed disappointed in herself as she continued to walk. "Palutena, are you okay?" I ask, breaking the silence. "No, I'm not. I'm the Goddess of Light but, I can't even remember a map on how to find my angel. Am I really worthy for my title if I can't do such a simple task?" Palutena spoke as we stopped momentarily. I looked at Dark Pit who looked forward never turning his back even slightly. "Well, Palutena, even if you are a Goddess, people and entities make mistakes. But, that's okay. That's how we learn and grow to move past those mistakes." I replied, fidgeting with my fingers. "Is that so?" She questioned, looking up. I nodded slowly and I could feel her eyes on me, suddenly. "Then, how do you know?" She asked, continuing to walk on the path. I noticed them as Dark Pit and she continued their walk down the path. "Well, look at me. I made the mistake of leaving Hyrule all alone for 100 years. Many things happened while I was away, so many things happened that I regret to let it happen. I had to learn to trust, to fight alongside, and be with other people. I don't want to be the reason for Hyrule to become apocalyptic." I explained, looking down at the river beside us.

I walked toward the water and lean down to look at my reflection. I noticed how my reflection showed the me who woke up all alone in that cave. Not knowing who I was or what was going on. I gently touched the water with my left index finger and the reflection disappeared. Then, it appeared again to show the current me. The one on the journey to rescue Pit and apologize for whatever I did to him. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see Palutena behind me.

"Thank you for those kind words. I needed to hear that." Palutena responded as she suddenly gave me a hug from behind. I grabbed onto her wrists and melted into the hug that I needed the most right now. It felt so warm, nice, and secure. It felt like Pit somehow. Once she finally let go of me, I got up from my spot near the river and smile at her. "And I needed that hug so, thanks," I responded as I slightly bowed. She giggled as I did that. I look over at Dark Pit who still faced forward on that path.

"Dark Pit? Are you okay there, buddy?" I asked, concerned. This isn't how he acts. What's going on? Did we do something wrong? Or is he too scared about this morning to talk or respond? I walk toward the dark angel as Palutena slowly followed behind me with her scepter in hand. "Dark Pit?" I asked again as I came close to him. I put a hand on his shoulder to get his attention. I felt his hand on my wrist and I look up with a smile. But, I was only met with him slamming me to the ground.

"Ugh, Dark Pit, what are you doing?" I yelled out as I slowly sat up from my spot. My eyes widen at the sight in front of me. Dark Pit stood there with an evil smirk plastered across his face as a red glint in his eyes was present. "Sorry but, there's a change in plan, elf boy!" He replied, his voice slightly distorted. I quickly grab my sword from my belt and run toward him at full force. I jump in the air and immediately let my sword go downwards to the ground.

"I thought we got the spirit out of him!" I yelled at Palutena who tried to use her air attacks on Pitoo. "I don't know what happened too!" She yelled back as Dark Pit dodged her attacks. I run up once again toward Pitoo with my sword in hand and I get ready to do a swing with it. Once I get near Dark Pit, I lift my sword up in the air and lower it down quickly. Yet, Dark Pit jumped in the air and I wasn't quick enough to avoid Palutena who also planned an attack. We both bumped heads with one another and we fell to the ground with a thud.

"How pathetic. Don't worry, I'll make it much worse." Dark Pit spoke. As soon as he said, a loud ringing sound started and mist surrounded our area. "You must be confused right now. That's all right, simple creatures like you wouldn't understand." Dark Pit continued to speak. I try to move my hands but, they feel so numb and tired to even lift. "Oh, the gas makes your entire body go limp so, don't even try moving." Dark Pit explained, he must have noticed us moving.

I hear a loud thud toward the ground and I panic. "Now, I won't tell you who I am yet. Galeem wouldn't appreciate that. For now, I believe it's time for us to have a small chat with him." Dark Pit explained and his footsteps came closer to me. My eyes widen as I try to move my body but, there was no result. "Oh, how pathetic, you are. Sleep tight, Link." Dark Pit mumbled and kicked me right against my head. I roll over multiple times until I land in the river. My eyes feel heavy and my body feels so limp.

And so, I fell unconscious.