Chapter 12: Reassurance And Clarification

- Link -

"Are we there yet?" Princess Zelda asked, holding onto her dress tightly. "Almost, are you okay to keep going?" I asked, concerned at her stumbling pace. "I'm okay, I think. How about you? Can you keep holding Dark Pit?" She responded, looking at the unconscious dark angel on my back. "Yeah, he isn't that heavy surprisingly. Especially considering he has huge angel wings." I replied, chuckling a bit. "Hey, Link, you okay? You seem a little spaced out." Zelda questioned, her smile slowly turning into a frown. "I don't know, I just really wanted to find Pit instead of Dark Pit. I mean, don't get wrong, I'm really glad to have found and save Pittoo. But, I wanted to save Pit first. I wanted to see him again." I explained, lifting the dark angel a bit. "How come?" Zelda asked, letting go of her, now, blood-stained dress. "Something is telling me that Pit and I had some stuff going between us. He looked so uncomfortable and sad around me sometimes. And his goddess and twin brother looked at me with such angry glares." I explained, remembering back to each memory. I remembered how when we started unpacking our stuff, he looked so sad. Then, when I asked him about it, he put on a fake smile as he turned around. I remembered every glare and mumble from Palutena and Dark Pit as I passed by them. I remembered every stare coming from some of the fighters when I was passing by them with Pit. "I know, how you feel. I'm curious too." Zelda replied. "You know one day at the Smash Tournament, I was asked a pretty confusing question," Zelda added. "Which was?" I asked, looking at the Princess. Zelda seemed hesitant as she sighed softly and looked at me.

"Toon Link told me that the Villager was curious about you two. Apparently, the Villager had asked on a written piece of paper if Pit has forgiven you." Zelda spoke. "What did you say?" I asked. What does the Villager know that I don't? "I didn't say anything. Toon Link just saw my confused face and his expression turned to one of realization. He said, "Oh right, you two are from different timelines! Sorry about that". Then, just left me just like that!" Zelda responded, extending her arms in confusion. "Weird. So, even Toon Link and the Villager know something about me and Pit." I spoke.

"But, Link, if the Villager wondered if Pit forgave you. Doesn't that mean that you hurt Pit?" Zelda spoke and my heart felt like it stopped. "Zelda! Link!" Someone exclaimed and we looked up. We saw Mario and his franchise in the distance, waving their hands to tell where they were. We immediately tried running toward them but, it was difficult with our injuries and Dark Pit on my back. The Princesses saw and rushed toward us with a concerned look. "Oh, my, Zelda, your hand! Link, you are covered in bruises, cuts, and scars! And...Dark Pit?" Princess Peach exclaimed.

"Yeah, where were you guys?" Zelda asked, slowing getting up. "Ah, when we saved you, you ran away from us. We worried and went to look for you." Luigi replied, finally reaching us. "Oh, sorry about that. I remembered about Link and ran to look for him. I found him against Dark Pit and we saved the angel." Zelda explained as she put the angel on her back. "Oh, good. Come on, our shelter is close by." Princess Daisy spoke and we nodded. We started to walk again on the path to home.

Yet, what Zelda said never left my head. The Villager asked if Pit forgave me. But, forgave for what? Did I really hurt him? If so, why? Yet, maybe, Toon Link and the Villager are playing around. But, they wouldn't joke about such things. Besides, I'm not the same Link from the last tournament. But, I have all his memories and he doesn't remember anything now. What if our souls decide somethings for us? What if I'm not the hero? What if I am the bad guy? Someone tapped my shoulder and I see Rosalina pointing toward the others going inside.

"Is something wrong, Link?" She asked in her gentle voice. I sighed and nodded my head as I looked down. She hummed in response and lend me inside in the shelter. "Let Dark Pit rest while I tend to both of your wounds," Rosalina instructed and we nodded. The rest of the group waved and went into another room to plan everything out. "How is Dark Pit? Did I hit him on the head too hard?" Zelda asked, looking at Dark Pit who, now, had a bag on top of his forehead. "He is fine. Just unconscious and I'm sure, he'll wake up soon. But, really the question is, are you both okay?" Rosalina asked as she cleaned Zelda's wound. Surprisingly the group managed to find a medical kit lying around as they went searching for Zelda. Which was good for them especially Rosalina who wanted to tend to the fighters who were harmed. "We're fine, I think. Just bruised and thanks for saving me." Zelda replied as I kept my voice inside me. I couldn't speak at all after what Zelda suggested. I could never hurt an angel like Pit yet, the evidence was there. Finally, I saw Rosaline put bandages around Zelda's hands.

"Alright, you can leave, I want to talk with Link and Dark Pit if he wakes up," Rosalina spoke and Zelda nodded. She gave me a hug and left to go into another room. "Alright, what was going on back there? You seemed so scared." Rosalina asked as she started to clean my wounds. "Zelda said that the Villager asked if Pit forgave me. Then, she suggested that I hurt Pit and that's why Villager wondered that." I explained, hissing every once and a while. "That's not a surprise. You and Pit were rumored to have had an emotional argument before the last tournament ended. But, no one knows why and what the argument was about." Rosaline explained and I softly gasped.

What did I do to Pit? What did I say?