Chapter 16: Through The Door

- Palutena -

"I'm telling you guys, this is your last chance. Do you really wanna do this?" Shulk asked as Lumas blocked the door for us to leave. "Yes, we do very much. Now, please, let us through." Link responded, gripping one of the straps of the backpack tightly. "I know, you would say yes. But, what about Palutena and Dark Pit?" Shulk questioned as he looked directly at us. I felt Dark Pit hide behind him and I gently patted his head as a way to calm him down. I looked down for a minute as I thought. "I'll answer for them! They'll go." Link exclaimed, desperately. I could tell he really wanted to go and save Pit already even after that frightening future vision. "I'm not asking you, Link. You want to go. But, I'm asking those two. I want to know if they truly and honestly want to go as you say they do." Shulk explained, keeping a glare on us two. I slowly continued to pat Dark Pit's head as he refused to come out from behind me. The poor dark angel can't focus or respond under stress or worry. I look closely at Link who seems to be on the verge of tears. He seems so desperate to go and save Pit, no matter the threat or ending. It's risk-taking and stupid but, at the same time, heart-warming and brave. I wonder what goal or motivation he has that makes him wanna do this. I look at Rosalina who blocked the door with her Lumas. She seemed scared and concerned as she stared at us. An expected reaction coming from a mother-figure yet. I know she worries but, maybe this is the one time where worrying will prevent us from taking necessary action.

I finally look at Shulk who has a determined and angry glare on his face. I understand where's he coming from but, seriously, he must know that decisions can change the future. I sigh heavily as I look at Shulk straight in the eyes. "I'm going. I can't go on another day without knowing that Pit is safe and alive." I replied, confidently. "And you, Dark Pit?" Shulk questioned as he looked directing at the dark angel. "I want to make sure my twin is okay and alive. And I want to see him again as well. So, I'm going!" Dark Pit responded, stepping beside me.

I smiled slightly and then looked back at Shulk. He looked at Rosalina who hesitantly nodded as she made the Lumas back down. "Alright if you say so. Rosalina, do what you must." Shulk responded as he left the room. The three of us walked near her as she opened the door with a worried look. "Here, you'll need this." She spoke, handing Link a piece of paper. "And this is?" He questioned, looking at it closely. "A map. I used the stars in the sky and pin-pointed many constellations. This map will show you fast routes to get toward Final Destination." She explained as Link handed me the map.

"Thank you, Rosalina. We appreciate the help." Link spoke as Dark Pit grabbed the map out of my hands. "Oh and the Lumas prepared something for you!" Rosalina exclaimed as a Luma tugged on her dress. She carefully picked up the Luma who held something in its hands. "They're small snacks. A specialty while traveling, star gummies!" Rosalina explained as the Luma handed me a box. I opened it to reveal very small but, a large number of star gummies. "Thank you, little Luma and Rosalina. We should be on our way now." I replied, smiling.

Rosalina nodded slightly as she backed away. All three of us looked at one another then, we walked through the door as it shut itself behind us. "Alright, let's do this. Oh, and I guess, final chance. You can stay back if you want." Link spoke, scratching his head while he looked away. "No, I don't think so. I wanna see my twin and beat the crap out of that spirit that possesses him." Dark Pit replied and I nodded. "Well, alright, let's get going." Link replied and we started to walk.

Our journey would be long and harmful along the way but, it was worth the pain if it means we had a chance to rescue Pit. I silently granted Dark Pit the gift of flight as we would most likely need it. "Hey, Palutena, I was wondering about something you said." Dark Pit suddenly spoke. "Yes, what is it?" I asked, curiously. "Do angels really take many forms? You mentioned it before when you talked about how to fight Bayonetta if we were to ever battle her." Dark Pit asked, nervousness clear in his voice.

"Yes, they do. Angels can take many forms just like Goddesses and Gods do." I responded. "Doesn't that mean we should have taken Bayonetta with us?" Link asked. "We would have to but, I'm sure the spirit doesn't know how to use that ability since Pit doesn't know how to use it," I explained, letting out a small sigh of relief. I heard the others do the same but, my eyes lingered a bit on Link. He must have listened in to the conversation since any information concerning Pit or angels interests him.

"Link, I wanna ask. Why do you wanna do this? I mean, Shulk even warned us about it." I asked as I remembered back to the vision. I shivered at the thought of Pit of hurting or even killing other people. "Because I want to remember what I did to him back then." Link replied, his back turned to us as he stopped walking. I realized that he was talking about the incident that happened between them. "I want to remember it and forgive myself and Pit. If I don't, this guilt I feel will never go away. And Pit may never feel happy anymore." He explained.

Then after a few moments of silence, he began walking again.