Chapter 2: Settling Things

-Pit-

"Oh my, I completely forgot that you've lost your memories! Sorry about that." I exclaimed, realizing this isn't the old Link. "Well, for starters. You are Link from Breath of the Wild, right?" I questioned and he nodded. "Well, in your game, you ended up winning a battle but, fell into a deep sleep for 100 years afterward. When you woke up, you lost all your memories. At least, that's what Lady Palutena told me." I explained. He sighed as he looked away for a second, I'm guessing he doesn't like the fact he doesn't remember anything. "S-So, what am I to you?" He asked, looking back at me. "You are merely a friend or an ally as you call me." I replied, feeling pain go up again. Link slowly nodded but, I could see the confusion on his face. He doesn't remember what he did or said so, that's good. "You said, I saved you?" He questioned, crossing his arms. "Yes! You did! Before everyone left the last tournament, I was training with Dark Pit. He ended up knocking me out and you saved me in time. I never forgot that moment and I realized the thing you did for me. As an angel, I will repay what you did for me by serving you as I do with Lady Palutena. Just for this Smash Tournament though." I explained, recalling the memory as it played in my head. Link closes his eyes for a minute and nods, I was able to stare at him for a while. He looked so handsome then, last time. Maybe it was because he didn't have a hat hiding his blonde hair and his clothes really brought out his body structure. Link reopens his eyes and walks over to sit on his bed.

"Your name is Pit, right? T-Tell me about yourself." He ordered and I was slightly taken back. I never really talk about myself that much so, this might be new. "Servant of the Goddess of Light, Lady Palutena. I come from the game, Kid Icarus Uprising. I defeated Hades in that game and met my twin, Dark Pit there." I replied, looking down and fiddling with my fingers. "Okay, so, you said you would serve me?" He questioned. "Yes! It's my way of saying thanks for saving me! I'll be your servant for this tournament, master!" I exclaimed, bowing down towards him.

"C-Can I use the word maid instead?" Link asks. "Yes, any word to call me will be okay, master." I replied, smiling. "Alright, first of all, you are a housemaid. You clean." He spoke and I nodded. "Of course, I help clean in the palace in my world!" I replied, remembering back to the dinner Lady Palutena made. "You are also a laundry maid." He spoke, closing his eyes. "That might be difficult but, nothing an angel like me can't do!" I replied, hesitating. "You are protection maid as well. You protect and defend me." He added, opening his eyes again.

Those blue eyes just make me feel so lovestruck and happy. "Of course, master! I will protect you no matter what even if I have to risk my own life or sacrifice it." I replied. Link quietly stood up and walked over to me. He put his hand on my head and ruffled my hair with a smile on his face. "Don't forget to protect and defend yourself also Pit. You are m-my maid. I don't want you getting hurt." Link responded, looking down to meet my eyes. I blush intensely as I stare back, letting my surroundings all go away.

Yet, I couldn't help but, remember what happened last time when Link looked down at me. I start tearing up and backed away slightly. He looked concerned and rubbed his arm while looking away. "I'm sorry, I remembered something." I spoke, my voice breaking slightly. "W-what is it?" He asked. I freeze for a minute and remember he doesn't have any memories. I don't want him to remember just yet. "It's just someone is yelling at me and rejecting me. They are saying so many mean things about me and comparing me to my twin." I replied, wiping away my tears.

"Oh, sorry for asking. Here, why don't we just get everything settled, okay?" Link suggested and I smiled. We searched for our stuff that was teleported from our worlds. We finally found boxes of them in our closet and we brought them out. Link started unpacking his stuff while I unpacked mine. As I spread all my things out, I looked back at Link who was staring a picture of Zelda from a tablet of sorts. I slightly smile and return to my things, he must be dating Zelda in that game. I'm so happy for him...

Yet, why does it hurt to smile about it?