Chapter 14: Outlooks

- 3rd Person -

About 5 months passed since the conversation between Dark Pit and Link happened. Many fighters returned from the grasp of Galeem. Many franchises returned as a whole once again such as the Mario and Legend of Zelda characters. Of course, that still meant many characters had to be saved and some were hard to get back. Many of the fighters celebrated how close they were getting to defeating Galeem once and for all. But, some were still focused on the fighters who still needed to be saved. However, Link wasn't celebrating even when his entire franchise was back. He just wanted one character to be back and that one character was Pit, an angel from the Kid Icarus franchise. Link wanted to know what he did to that poor angel and he wanted to apologize for whatever he did. Many of the fighters were curious as to how the elf was holding up and whenever asked, Link would always shrug. "Link?" A voice was heard from a doorway. Link looked slightly back to see who it was. "Ah, Palutena. Is something wrong?" Link asks, facing the window. "Well, like everyone here, we were just wondering how are you?" Palutena responded in a gentle voice. "I guess I'm doing fine." Link mumbled as he shrugged. "Link, you aren't doing fine at all. It's clear." Another voice replied and Link turned fully around. "Dark Pit, please, be nice. This is hard on him." Palutena spoke, softly hitting Dark Pit's shoulder. "I can't! This is hard on us too and Link isn't making this any better." Dark Pit exclaimed, angrily. "What are you two talking about?" Link asked, curious. "We're talking about Pit!" Dark Pit replied. "But, why? And what are you getting so angry about?" Link questioned, walking toward the two characters.

"Link, we know how you are feeling right now. Pit hasn't been found at all during these missions to save the other fighters." Palutena explained, looking down slightly. "Yeah, I know. I just wonder where he is and if he's even alive." Link replied, rubbing his right arm. "Don't say that! Pit is alive and he'll come back safe!" Dark Pit yelled, pointing towards me. Palutena gently put her hand on Dark Pit's shoulder and he looked away as he calmed down. "I know that and I wonder that too even though I shouldn't. I just wanted you to know that I've been trying to communicate with him." Palutena explained.

"And? Anything?" Link asked, starting to get hopeful. "Link, I just said I've been trying. I didn't say I got any results." Palutena spoke. Link sighed and crossed his arms hearing those words. He just wanted to see his angel again just as much as these two wanted as well. He couldn't bear going through these past few months without that angel and he couldn't bear any longer. "So, what are you two here for? It just seems like you are here to disappoint me." Link asks, a little irritated.

"We're not here to do that, dummy. We just wanted to talk to you." Dark Pit spoke, his voice turning gentle. I nodded slowly and the others walked to the seats in the room. Once we finally sat down, I looked over to the others who sighed. "So, we know why you want to find Pit. It's because of what happened at the last tournament, right?" Palutena spoke and I look away. They know about it and they aren't making things easier for me. "Have you found out about it?" She asked again. "Well, the hint Dark Pit gave me was sorta helpful. I've thought of many scenarios where a confession has gone very wrong. But, I don't if they are right." Link replied, scratching his head.

"Right, well, even though, we want you to find out that event on your own, we wanted to talk about something," Palutena spoke. "I know that in the past, we've treated you differently and I'm sorry about that." She added. "You mean, how protective you were of Pit and those glares you gave me. How you always didn't take it easy on me whenever we were in battle." Link questioned, remembering back to those days.

"Yeah, well, we wanted to tell you the reason behind our behavior," Palutena replied, looking at Dark Pit. "When that incident happened, we all returned home early to our world. Pit came to us crying and telling the whole story. Palutena and I comforted him but, we never showed how we felt. We knew he would try to detest what we would do. We were extremely pissed at you so, we basically did all that to you." Dark Pit explained, looking away. "What you said to Pit was really messed up and I couldn't help but, just hate you. I hated you so much, I wanted to kill you." Dark Pit added.

"Kill me, huh? I guess I really messed up. To be honest, I kinda hate myself for that." Link replied, looking down. "Well, from what Zelda told me, you were tired and frustrated with something," Palutena said to try to reassure me. "Even so, that's not an excuse to do or say whatever I did to Pit." Link spoke, putting his hand on his forehead. "We just wanted to let you know that we forgive you and appreciate how you want to find Pit as well," Palutena spoke, putting a hand on top of mine.

"It's kind of reassuring to see someone desperate to find him. Especially coming from you." She smiled. "Yeah, I can't believe Pit from all franchises would just be gone for so long. He's coming from such a funny game and he's an innocent angel." Link spoke, sighing. "Yeah well, no matter what game you come from. Disasters are gonna come for you." Dark Pit replied, sternly. "I thought you guys would be positive on this situation. Since I managed to learn a bit about your game." Link chuckled. "There are times to have positive outlooks but, this isn't one of them." Palutena replied.

"Right, sorry." Link mumbled and the silence soon followed afterward.