Chapter 20

like my officail page? http://www.facebook.com/#!/booksaregreat?bookmark_t=page

Extra long chapter for you guys. I wanted to thank you all for sticking with me this far, There is only about two more chapters to go. I have mixed feelings about ending this, I'm super excited that yet again i have completed a noval, but sad too because i won't get to write and advneture with these charcters again. Adopted and On the run being the first two actual novals i've written makes the characters special to me and they will be dearly missed, but who knows maybe you'll see more of them? Thankyou so much to my truly valued fans, readers, voters and commenters it means more than you can imagine that your still reading this :) THANKYOU

Don't forget to vote and comement :)

Chapter 20

Hazel told herself to stay calm, but that proved impossible as she neared Dimitri. She willed herself to walk right passed him and ignore him. It had been two days and her anger still hadn’t subsided. She told herself that she never liked him in first place; she told herself that he never even meant anything to her, but she knew that was all a lie. As she walked past Dimitri and into the basement, she gave him a deadly stare, if looks could kill; he would have died a million times already.

Dimitri didn’t even try to talk to her; he knew it would be no use. Instead, he watched longingly as she walked past after giving him a look of hatred. Dimitri sighed and went back to his job of guarding the basement.

Hazel took a deep breath in and out before stepping into the corridor which housed prisoners. She couldn’t help feeling scared as she past grimy looking men, who each turned to stare at her when she past them.

Lisa was sitting cross-legged facing the opposite direction to the cell door when Hazel cleared her throat in an awkward manor.  Lisa snapped her head around, the sudden action making her flinch in pain and rub her neck. When her eye’s landed on Hazel, they widened significantly.

“What are you doing here?” she grumbled. Hazel gave her old friend a sad smile.

“I’ve come to see you.” She replied in a small voice.

“Well you can leave now!” Lisa insisted.

“I just wanted to tell you that for the seventeen years that you looked after me, you were like the mother I never had. Now I realized that you were using me all along, but I want to thank you because if you hadn’t I would never have met the De Zilva family and I wouldn’t have known what you were really trying to do.” Lisa opened her mouth to speak, but just as she was about to, armed men jogged in and moved Hazel aside. Marlon had indeed called the police.

***

“Miss Hazel may I please have a work with you?” Will asked. He was a few steps behind her, being the awesome body guard that he was. Hazel turned around and waited for him to catch up.

“Will, you know you can always talk to me. I don’t even know why you keep insisting on calling me Miss.” Hazel replied.

“I just do my job Miss Hazel, if Miss is what everyone calls you, then it’s what I call you too.” Hazel rolled her eyes at Will’s reply.

“Well, what did you want to talk about?” Will looked at Hazel and then looked away as if the topic was an uneasy one.

“It’s about Dimitri.” Will replied. Hazel tensed; she really didn’t want to think about Dimitri, not now and not ever. “I think you should talk to him.”

“No way Will! Are you crazy?” Hazel shook her head from side to side vigorously.

“Please? That kids been a mess, ever since you said you hated him. He won’t talk to anyone, he never smiles and he’s not that cheerful person he used to be!” Will exclaimed. It was the first time Hazel had ever heard Will say so much about someone at one time. “Please?”

“I-I’ll think about it.”

***

Hazel pushed open the doors to the game room with as little effort as possible. Somehow she was feeling extremely tired. As she looked around for Aaron, the sight in front of her made her stop right in her tracks.

“Todd?” Hazel question as if she couldn’t believe what she was seeing. There, walking toward her was Todd, with Noah running behind him.

“Hazel!” Noah screamed, his tiny body hugging her legs. Hazel couldn’t help it, a smile stretched across her face as she bent down to pick up the one person she had met in that last month who hadn’t betrayed her.

“Noah!” she exclaimed, stroking the little boys feather-like hair. As Hazel looked up, she noticed Todd standing awkwardly. Todd gave her a nervous smile, which she didn’t hesitate in returning. 

Hazel put Noah down and ran up to Todd, giving him a massive hug just as the double doors opened. She didn’t care that someone might see her, but in that moment she knew that she had forgiven Todd a long time ago.

Someone coughed from behind her and she knew it was fake. Turning around, she noticed Dimitri staring at her. Hazel couldn’t quite tell what his expression was; he looked from Hazel to Todd and back to Hazel again. It was then that realization dawned on Dimitri’s face. With a frown present, Dimitri turned and left the way he had come in.

Hazel’s heart told her to follow him, but in the end her brain won. She turned back to face Todd as Noah skipped towards her. She has missed both Todd and Noah so much that she didn’t know what to say first!

“Hi.” Todd said, shyly.

“Hey! How did you get here?” Hazel demanded, so glad to see Todd and Noah. She hugged them once again, grinning like a mad women.

“Well the Prime-Minister got us here. I can’t believe we’re even here and that he’s you dad… Kind of. I can’t believe I was so stupid, I’m so sorry Hazel, please forgive me? Todd begged.

“Of course I forgive you!” Hazel exclaimed. “How did Marlon know about you?” Hazel had so many questions, but she knew she had to ask them one at a time.

“I asked the Prime-Minister the same thing and he told me that someone named Dimitri had told him when he had asked about what had happened. So somehow the Prime-Minister got Noah and I here.” Todd explained.

“Well I’m glad you’re here.”

“Me too. You know as soon as you left, I regretted telling mum about the poster so much. I’m so sorry.”  Todd said in a quiet voice.

“Wait are you staying here forever or…?” Hazel questioned. She crossed her fingers, hoping for a positive answer.

“No, we are leaving tomorrow morning. Mum didn’t want us staying too long.” Hazel’s smile was wiped off her face and she felt her heart drop.

“What?” Hazel questioned. “Let me get Wendy, maybe we can work something out?” Hazel replied. She didn’t even wait for his reply, before heading out to find Wendy.

As Hazel was walking towards Wendy’s office, she sighted Dimitri making his way towards her. She thought about what Will had told her, but she knew she just wasn’t ready to forgive him yet. Hazel decided to turn around and head in the opposite direction just as Dimitri spoke.

“So you can forget about everything he did, but you can’t forgive me?” he asked, looking hurt and confused.

“Todd did what he had to. He didn’t lie to me, he didn’t’ make me trust him just so he could break it and he wasn’t tricking me the whole time I was with him!” Hazel exclaimed. She could feel her blood boiling as she spoke.

“You think I would have done it if I didn’t have to? I couldn’t just refuse the most important man in this country you know?” Dimitri replied, much calmer than Hazel. Hazel clenched her fists at her side, he was right but she didn’t want to admit it.

“Whatever, it doesn’t even matter.” She replied stomping away, but Dimitri grabbed her by the wrist and spun her around.

“It does matter because I can’t live with you hating me.” He replied in a soft voice. Hazel stared at him, not sure what to say. “You’re wrong you know. Everything I did and told you was never a lie.”

vote and comement? :)