Chapter 10

Sorry for short update, i dont have much time and i needed to get a chapter up. Hoping for 10 votes please? and comements are always helpful.

Chapter 10

Todd couldn’t wait till Hazel woke up so he could watch her collecting the eggs. He wasn’t going to tell her how; it would be amusing to see her screaming as the chickens flew at her.

Todd spotted Hazel making her way out of the house lazily. He waved and she waved back. Todd jogged up to Hazel knowing that she wouldn’t jog to him.

“Hey.” Todd laughed, after being on the farm for two weeks, she still hadn’t got used to waking up early.

“Hey, ready to start your very first chore?” he asked. Hazel groaned, but nodded.

“What is it?” she asked unenthusiastically. Todd tossed her a basket, which she nearly dropped.

“You are collecting the eggs and feeding the chickens!” he replied with a smirk. Hazel looked relieved, but raised her eyebrows.

“What’s with the smirk?” she asked. Todd immediately wiped the smirk off his face.

“Oh nothing.” Hazel wasn’t convinced, but followed Todd to the chickens anyway.  

The instant that Hazel walked into the chicken coop, they flew at her and started pecking her. She squeaked and ran around like a mad women.  This seemed to have no effect on the chickens.

“Todd! Their eating me alive!” she screamed. Todd was laughing uncontrollable at the sight of Hazel running up and down with the basket of chicken feed in her hand. He wasn’t sure when to tell her that she needed to put the food down first.

Hazel reached for an egg, but as she did the other chickens attacked her again.

***

“What you could have told me that earlier Todd!” Hazel yelled in his face. Her outburst wiped the smile off Todd’s face.

“I’m sorry; I didn’t think it was that much of a big deal.” He admitted, sorry that he hadn’t told her before.

“Oh right, because having chickens try to eat you is no big deal!” Hazel stomped off towards the house to change out of her cloths, which had been smothered by cracked egg. Her arms were covered with minor scratches from shells, beaks and claws. She was furious with Todd; the day couldn’t get any worse!

Hazel slammed her door shut, not caring who heard. She threw her suitcase onto the bed and started throwing various garments of clothing onto the ground searching for the one thing that she could tell anything to.

When she finally found it she hugged it to her chest and started crying. The Diary was the only thing she had from her biological mother. Hazel couldn’t remember what she looked like; she only knew that her mother had dropped her at the orphanage with the Diary and nothing else.

She thrust open her Diary and traced the beautiful floral design that was hand crafted on each page. Grabbing a pen she started pouring her heart out.

Dear Diary,

I don’t know what the date is today so I won’t write it. I know I haven’t spoken to you in awhile, but I have been super busy. See I ran away from the Wake House and I have no idea how the De Zilva family id doing. I’m pretty sure they are better off without me, but I am now living at a farm. I met a little boy; he is so cute and adorable. He loves to laugh and make everyone else laugh. The cutest thing is that he has his older brother wrapped around his little finger.

And then there’s Todd. Noah’s older Brother. Todd is so super nice and he loves his brother very much. He was the most amazing eyes ever! Today he made me feed the chickens and they attacked me because he didn’t tell me that I had to put the basket down before I collected the eggs.

Noah and Todd’s family are really kind and generous. They let me stay in their home for free. I get food, shelter and everything I need here. The best part is that I even get to ride horses here!

Todd and Noah are like my best friends now, seeing as I never really had friends it’s an amazing feeling to have some amazing friends.

Anyway, I’ll talk to you later.

Bye.

Hazel tossed her Diary into the bottom of her suit case and began to clean up the mess that she had made. Vote vote vote!!! please

vote comement? please