Chapter Forty Two~Never Jump Off A Cliff Again

Ash walks into the main hall of Helm's Deep Théoden waiting for her. "You asked for me." she says practically expressionless "I need someone the people can look to with Aragorn and Legolas gone." says Théoden.

Ash says nothing but nods Théoden gets up and the three start to walk along the wall "Draw all our forces behind the wall. Bar the gate, and set a watch on the surround." says Théoden "What of those who cannot fight, my lord? The women and children?" ask Gamling "Get them into the caves." says Théoden. They walk down the steps and past a sewer gate "Saruman's arm would have grown long indeed if he thinks he can reach us here." says Théoden.

"Don't underestimate him, he may hide in a tower but is still powerful." says Ash clenching her fist, Théoden looks at her "You think he killed your parents?" he ask. Ash looks to him "How could he not, he's evil." says Ash "Maybe, maybe not everyone has evil inside." says Théoden.

Ash doesn't respond just looks across the valley at the rising sun "Not the first time i've seen the sun from a strong hold, The Battle Of The Five Armies." she says "One of the greatest battles in history, what happened there to make you think of the sun over a strong hold?" ask Théoden.
****************************************************
The sun gleamed at the break of dawn over the mountain, Thorin smiled at the two hobbits. "Farewell, Master Burglars. Go back to your books." he said looking at Ash "And your armchair." he said looking a Bilbo "Plant your trees, watch them grow. Bilbo may your next adventure take you far and Ash my you be a better queen then I was ever king. If more people valued home above gold, this world would be a merrier place." said Thorin with a smile.

Thorin took his last breath.

"No! No, no, no, no! No! Thorin! Thorin, don't you dare..." the two shouted.

Thorin final died facing death with a smile.

"Thorin? Look, Thorin. Thorin, hold on. You hold on. You see, the Eagles... the Eagles, the Eagles are here. Thorin...the Eag..." started the two, Bilbo began to weep Ash leaned on his shoulder and Bilbo put an arm around her.

The other dwarves gather around to honor him Bilbo couldn't watch and sat away from the group, Balin put a hand on Ash's shoulder as the dwarves bring Kili's body to honor him as well. The sun rising full and bright to honor a kings death. Ash cried and remembered.

"Far over the misty mountains cold." Ash started to sing through tears "To dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day. The king of a long-fought for home." Ash sang changing the words the dwarves looked to her.

"The eagles soaring on the height. The armies roaring at the break of light. A worrier fell, his tale we tell. The mountains sing there song in the night...." she sang.
**************************************************
"The death of the king and the worrier, my friends." says Ash. Théoden puts a hand on her shoulder "Go rest, train, what ever you need to do to get ready." Ash smiles a little "Thank you Théoden." she says walking away to the room she was given.

She sits down taking looking through her bag until her hand brushes somthing, she pulls out two books and flips one over.

"The Hobbits."

"By: Bilbo Baggins."

Ash smiles "You rascal sneaking this into my bag before I left." she says opening it and reading a couple of pages. She then turns to the second one and flips through it as well, all the pages were blank expect the last which read "Now it's your turn to write the story, Bilbo."

Ash smiles, well if she was gonna die might as well fulfill his wish.
*******************************************************
As Ash was writing she starts hearing nosies from outside "There alive!" she hears voices shout. "What going on?" ask Ash walking out through the crowd, she stops at the sight of Aragorn the two stare at each other "You are the luckiest, the canniest and the most reckless man I ever knew!" she shouts hugging him "Ash." he says smiling. Ash looks around "Is he-"