Chapter Twenty Eight~The Prancing Pony

Gandalf, Frodo and Sam were hurrying across a field, away from Hobbiton! Gandalf leads his Horse...Frodo and Sam are carrying knapsacks. "Come along, Samwise...keep up..." he says.

Gandalf leads Frodo and Sam under the cover of woods. "Gandalf!!!" shouts a voice the three turn to see Ash running up the hill and over to them, catching her breath "When did you make this outfit?" ask Frodo Ash smiles "That is.....A story for another time." she says. Sam looks at her as well "You have a sword?!" he ask. Ash looks down at it and then up to Gandalf "Yes." she answers.

Gandalf smiles at this a little "Be careful, all of you. The Enemy has many spies in his service, many ways of hearing...birds, beasts..." Gandalf takes Frodo and Ash to one side... "Is it safe?" he ask, the two nod...Frodo pats his pocket. "Never put it on, for then the agents of the Dark Lord will be drawn to its          power...Always remember, Frodo, Ash, the ring          is trying to get back to its master...it wants to be found." says Gandalf.

Frodo heads over to talk to Sam, Ash and Gandalf look at them "Do you think we'll make it?" she ask Gandalf chuckles she looks to him "You lead stubborn group of dwarves through Mirkwood and out alive if you can do that two hobbits should be no problem." says Gandalf, Ash smiles and hugs him he hugs back. "Thank you for always believing in me."

Gandalf wheels his horse and gallops away.

**********************************************

Frodo, Sam, and Ash were hiking over the gentle Shire Countryside...wading through a shallow stream....clambering over stone walls.

Sam stops short...taking stock of his surroundings.    Sam looks back from where they came. "This is it." he says Ash and Frodo stop "This is what?" ask Frodo "If I take one more step it'll be the          farthest away from home I've ever been." he says Frodo gives Sam a pat on the shoulder. "Come on, Sam." Sam takes a deep breath and steps forward." says Frodo Ash smiles at how kind Frodo, Sam's furry foot hits the ground.

Frodo, Ash, and Sam continue their journey. "Remember what Bilbo and I used to say...it's a          dangerous business....Frodo, going out your door...you step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's not knowing where you might be          swept off to." Ash recites.

**********************************************

The three were walking along a country lane which borders Farmer Maggot's Fields. Sam is looking up...Frodo and Ash have disappeared around a corner in the lane. "Mr. Frodo. Ms. Ash!"

The two turn, surprised as Sam comes running towards them. "I thought I lost you." says Sam worried Frodo looks at Sam suspiciously. Sam glances down, embarrassed. "What are you talking about?" ask Frodo "It's just something Gandalf said..." says Sam "What did he say?" ask Ash "He said..."Don't you leave them, Samwise          Gamgee." And I don't mean to." says Sam, Frodo laughs "Sam...we're still in the Shire...what          could possibly happen?" ask Frodo "Oh you would be supris-"

SUDDENLY! A figure comes crashing out of a hedgerow sending Frodo flying. Frodo picks himself up, only to be knocked backdown again by Pippin. "Frodo!   Merry, it's Frodo Baggins." says Pippin "Hello Frodo." says Merry, he, Pippin, and Frodo were picking themselves up... a variety of vegetables have scattered everywhere. "What's the meaning of this!" ask Sam "Sam, hold this..." says Merry he gives Sam a large cabbage.

"You've been into Farmer Maggot's crops." says Ash, Pippin and Merry just noticing her drop a couple of there vegetables "Ms. Ash." they say a little scared. A large pitchfork can be seen racing towards them along theHedgerow...angry shouts from Farmer Maggot.

Merry and Pippin hurriedly gather their booty and raceaway...with Ash, Frodo and Sam on their heels. "I don't know why he's so upset, it's only          a couple of carrots." says Merry "And some cabbages...and those three bags of potatoes that we lifted last week. And then the mushrooms the week before." list Pippin "Yes, Pippin, my point is, he's clearly over reacting." says Merry.