Chapter One~The Man In Gray

She was just a young thing a human nonetheless, did she know it maybe, did she care not at all

She was just a young thing a human nonetheless, did she know it maybe, did she care not at all. She grew up here in the Shire the only one like her, they say she was abandoned and the Hobbits took her in saying her parents wore black clothes like never seen and disappeared without the child, without a second thought. 

her name was Ash, she grew in kindness and beauty.

She had just turned 19 and had long wavy dark blonde hair, lips the color of cherry blossoms, but the thing people were more drawn to were her orange tinted eyes, unnatural for a human or hobbit.

Hobbits in the Shire where weary of her free spiritedness, but she could always turn to her best friend, she considered him more like an older brother, cause there was no brother like Bilbo Baggins. 

They stay together even though she is taller then him by a lot, he considers her his little sister and he couldn't ask for a better one. 

Bilbo was sitting outside his house smoking just then Bilbo's smoke ring collapses and becomes a smoke moth, as a tall figure walks up to him. The moth flies into Bilbo's face, waking him from his reverie. He looks up in surprise. "Good morning." He say. 

"What do you mean? Do you mean to wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or, perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning. Or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on?" Says the Figure. 

"All of them at once, I suppose." Says Bilbo, the figure looks slightly disapprovingly at Bilbo; Bilbo is confused and bewildered. "Can I help you?" Ask Bilbo "That remains to be seen. I'm looking for someone to share in an adventure." Says the figure"An adventure? Now, I don't imagine anyone west of Bree would have much interest adventures. Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things. Make you late for dinner, hm, mm" says Bilbo he gets up and checks his mailbox, grabbing some mail and sorting through it, clucking to himself. He looks quite uncomfortable because the figure is still standing there. Puffing his pipe in vexation, he begins heading back inside. "Good morning." He finishes. 

"To think that I should have lived to be good mornings by Belladonna Took's son, as if were selling buttons at the door." Says the figure "Beg your pardon?" Ask Bilbo "You've changed, and not entirely for the better, Bilbo Baggins." Says the figure "I'm sorry, do I know you?" Ask Bilbo "Well, you know my name, although you don't remember I belong to it. I'm Gandalf! And Gandalf means ... me." He says. 

"Gandalf the Grey?" Ask a voice to two turn to see Ash with a baskets of apples, she walks up and stands next to Bilbo "Gandalf...not Gandalf, the wandering Wizard, who made such excellent fireworks! Old Took used to have them on Midsummer's Eve. Ha, ha! Well. Hmm, I had no idea you were still in business." Says Bilbo "And where else should I be?" Ask Gandalf "Ha, ha! Hm, hmm..." says Bilbo he puffs confusedly on his pipe. 

"Well, I'm pleased to find your remember something about me, even if it's only my fireworks. Well that's decided. It will be very good for you, and most amusing for me. I shall inform the others." Says Gandalf "Inform who of what?" Ask Ash in wonder, Gandalf looks at her "Bestowed in wonderment are we should you be one for adventures?" Ask Gandalf "Oh I've always wanted to go-"

"No she is not and Inform the who? What? No. No. No! Wait. We do not want any adventures here, thank you. Not today, notmm. I suggest you try over the Hill or across the Water. Good morning." Says Bilbo and in frustration, retreats into Bag End, gesturing at Gandalf with his pipe. Isley looks between the two "Sorry for my brother." She says and heads inside as well. 

Once inside, Bilbo bolts the door and leans against it. Hearing a curious noise, he puts his ear close to the door. The noise is from Gandalf drawing a glowing symbol on Bilbo's door with his staff. Alarmed, Bilbo looks out his side window, only to find Gandalf's eye appear in front of him. He jumps back in fright and hides behind a wall; he looks out another window and sees Gandalf hurrying away. "What are you worried about?" Ask Ash "A strange man shows up out of nowhere wouldn't you be suspicious." Says Bilbo, Ash rolls her eyes.

A/N

This is a short first chapter but I hope you enjoy, more chapters coming out soon.

~Roses