Chapter Thirty Eight~Four out of Ten

The Three Hunters are still chasing after the Uruk-hai. It is dawn. Legolas pauses and looks up "A red sun rises. Blood has been spilled this night." The trackers then hear the sound of horses. Aragorn and company hide behind some boulders. A large group of horse-men appears, galloping quickly with their banners flying. Aragorn comes out of hiding as they pass, followed by Legolas and Gimli.

"Riders of Rohan, what news from the Mark?" he ask. At a signal from Éomer at the lead, the riders make a quick turn and head towards them, surrounding them in ever-tightening circles. As they stop, they point their long spears menacingly at them. "What business does an Elf, a man and a Dwarf have in the Riddermark? Speak quickly!" says Éomer.

"Give me your name, Horsemaster, and I shall give you mine." says Gimli, Éomer hands his staff to another rider, and gets off his horse. Aragorn puts a hand on Gimli's shoulder. "I would cut off your head, Dwarf, if it stood but a little higher from the ground." says Éomer. Legolas, in a lightning fast move, points an arrow at Éomer. "You would die before your stroke fell!" he says. The riders all point their spears closer at the travellers. After a tense moment, Aragorn pushes down Legolas' arm.

"I am Aragorn, son of Arathorn. This is Gimli, son of Glóin and Legolas of the Woodland realm. We are friends of Rohan and of Théoden, your king." says Aragorn "Théoden no longer recognizes friend from foe." Éomer takes his off helmet "Not even his own kin." he finishes.The spears are withdrawn. "Saruman has poisoned the mind of the king and claimed lordship over these lands. My company are those loyal to Rohan. And for that, we are banished. The White Wizard is cunning. He walks here and there, they say, as an old man, hooded and cloaked. And everywhere his spies slip past our nets."

"We are not spies. We track a party of Uruk-hai westward across the plain. They've taken three of our friends captive." says Aragorn "The Uruks are destroyed. We slaughtered them during the night." says Éomer "But there were two hobbits and one Dragon-Born. Did you see three of them?" ask Gimli "The hobbits would be small only children to your eyes. The third has eyes like fire." explains Aragorn.

"We left none alive. We piled the carcasses and burned them." says Éomer pointing to a smoking pile in the distance. Then he pauses "Eyes like fire?" he ask, Legolas nods "Yes bright eyes full of fire and life as if looking into a hearth." he describes "She goes by the name of Ash correct?" he ask "Yes!" they all say. "Well she's back at our camp, our somewhere in the sky." says Éomer the other's don't seem to understand.

"Éomer!!!!!!!" shouts a voice they all look up in the sky to see a figure land on a hill starting to run down "Éomer I saw it a whole village burning!!!!!" the figure shouts down at him, and then trips over a rock tumbling down the hill something covering the figure. Once they are done rolling down the figure gets up flipping there hair in the wind pantting "Give me two minutes, maybe five." the female voice says. She moves all the hair out of her face and starts "So-"

"ASH!!!" shouts voice she looks over to side, "Guys? GUYS!!!" she shouts and starts running towards them, they hug her and she hugs them her wings folding around them as well, she uncovers quickly stepping back "Sorry they have a mind of there own." says Ash. The three look on in wonder "....w-wings!" says Legolas Ash smiles brightly "I know." "There back!" he says "I know." says Ash.

"So this is what a Dragon-Born really looks like?" ask Aragorn. Ash nods "More or less the last time this happend..............Legolas's father was going to kill me." says Ash and then thinks "Can we never bring that up again?" she ask to Legolas, "Yes lets not talk about any more." he says the two laugh.

Éomer turns and whistles. "Hasufel! Arod!" he shouts. Two horses move up. "May these horses bear you to better fortune than their former masters. Farewell." says Éomer he puts on his helmet and gets back on his horse "Look for your friends. But do not trust to hope, it has forsaken these lands." he says Ash, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli look on as the Riders go off.

Ash turns to the three "Pippin and Merry I saw them run I know they made it they would half to have." says Ash "Then off we go to find them, who is riding with who?" ask Gimli "Well my wings might get in the way....I can fold them." says Ash. "Well I'll ride with Aragorn and Gimli can ride with Ash." says Legolas "I can't reach the reins." says Gimli "Then Ash will take the reins." says Aragorn. Ash nods "Ya I can't ride......."

Aragorn and Legolas look at each other and Aragorn smiles Legolas smiles back having the same idea, the two turns back to the other two "Legolas why don't you ride with Ash." says Aragorn. Legolas looks at him "What, that was not the look." "Yes...it was...Gimli will ride with me and Ash will ride with you." says Aragorn.

"Lets get going." says Ash bring both horses over, Legolas mounts first and then Ash behind him "Hold on." says Legolas "To what?" ask Ash knowing whats going to happen but not wanting to. ".....me?" ask Legolas Ash puts her hand on his shoulders, they start riding and Ash shakes "Ya is there anywhere else I can grab onto to?" she ask. Legolas sighs having no choice "Put your arm around my waist." he says "What?" ask Ash. "Do you want to fall off or not?" ask Legolas, Ash slowly puts her hands around his waist holding on. Then Ash remembers "Talk about all you want just don't drop me." she says repeating his words from her first time flying. Legolas relaxes smiling looking back at her "Why would anyone drop you?" he ask.

Ash's face heats up almost as much as her eyes, she hides her face in Legolas's shoulder. "I'm starting to wonder if you do these things on purpose." she says "Not my fault." he says as they start to ride "Yes it is, your the one who says it." "Well then I'm sorry I make you uncomfortable." says Legolas actually looking sincere and sorry. "You did nothing wrong it's just......" starts Ash.

Aragorn looks back at the two "Just what?" he ask with a smile, Ash bits her lip "It's just...........not the right time, we are trying to find Pippin and Merry, let go."

A/N

Short Chapter I know, I know it's been a long time since the last update, I just want to give my other stories some love as well.

Have a nice day!

~Roses