Nandini : "Once I realized my mistake, I tried to show that I was fine, for grandma's sake. Once I grew up, my grandma told me the reason behind giving me my name. It seems my parents didn't have a kid for a few years and then I was born. So they wanted me to be happy as well as spread happiness around me, like I brought happiness into their lives. I didn't know how to stay true to my name back then. Faking happiness always wasn't easy, that's when grandma showed me how to be really happy."

        Nandini : "We started by sharing our happy memories with them (her parents). I and grandma together prepare the dishes my parents liked, on their death anniversary. As I grew older, I tried to include my parents ideals into my life."

        Nandini : "I started with one, but now you have two living examples - me and my grandma. Probably you will be able to relate to my grandma even more better, but I can't get her to talk to you right now."

        Nandini : "Even now do you feel it is impossible? You are older than me and more mature than me. You might be having a lot of happy memories with your daughter which you can reminisce. There might be ideals which she valued, which you value too or would like to include in your life. If there was something she wanted to finish but left it incomplete, you can complete it for her. You can also discuss with your family and come up with a lot more ideas."

        Nandini : "Take your time and think about it, but now I am feeling very hungry. I have to eat and you are going to join me. Please come!"

        Abhi's mom was thinking over what Nandini said, but she didn't budge from her place. So Nandini tried to use another tactic to get Abhi's mom to have her food.

        Nandini : "Actually, I have a better idea. I and uncle will give you company.  Even if that isn't enough, I will request your son to join too. If you tell me how long you are planning to fast, I will go and let them know. I will inform the cook not to prepare anything. Also I will need your family doctor's number. I will have to inform him/her too. I think we will need the doctor in a few days time..... Have I missed out anything else?"

        Nandini pretended to think.

        Abhi's mom : "You don't have to do any of those things. I will join you."

After a while,

        Abhi's mom : "You know uncle and Abhi are busy with their work or studies and friends. Will you help me?"

        Nandini : "Sure Aunty."

Flashback ends...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Abhi : "Since then Mom has been trying to change for the better with her help."

        Abhi : "Actually I used to feel irritated when I used to see her smiling always. I used to feel as though she was mocking me, but I never thought that there was such a story behind it."

        Nyonika was lost in her thoughts after hearing Abhi.

        Cabir : "Aunty, whose thoughts are you lost in?"

        Nyonika : "After hearing Abhi, I remembered the girl I met in the village, when we went for the wedding. I have seen her smiling whenever I met her. I didn't know until someone else told me that she had lost both her parents."

        Cabir : "It is quite a few months after you came back from there and you still remember her."

        Nyonika : "You don't forget people who have helped you, and she saved my life, so how can I forget her?"

        Manik got alert hearing Nyonika.

        Manik : "What do you mean by saved your life? What happened there? Why didn't you tell me or dad about it?"

        Nyonika realized that she told about the incident by a slip of the tongue.

        Nyonika : "It's nothing."

        Nyonika was about to leave, but Manik stopped her.

        Manik : "What are you hiding from me? You can't escape from here without telling me."

       Now that Nyonika was caught, she had to tell the truth.

        Nyonika : "I had been to the temple there. On my way back down, I felt dizzy and I would have fallen down. She just came in time and saved me. Otherwise, if I would have fallen from that height, I would have either broken my bones or I would have..."

        Nyonika : "Leave that now, you don't have to worry. She stayed with me and made sure that I reached safely till the car, on both the days I went to the temple. She is one of a kind. There are very few people who leave their work and care for a stranger without any expectations."

        Manik came to know that Nyonika was talking about Nandini. It was only then he realized the actual reason why his mom was impressed with Nandini.

        Nyonika : "Abhi, bring her home sometime. I would like to meet her."