Part 45 (Epilogue - part 1)

The vacation came to an end and the college reopened.

        Nandini was walking in the corridor when she felt that Manik was around, so she looked in all directions, but she couldn't find him. Manik opened the door of the room he was in, and he pulled Nandini inside.

        Nandini : "Why did you pull me here? What is this new way of meeting?"

        Manik : "It is the beginning of a new relationship, so I have to find new ways to meet you too. Here is the answer to your why."

        Manik took her to the center of the room and pressed a button. There was a continuous shower of flower petals on them. Nandini was surprised at the sudden gesture. She twirled happily and he was happy seeing her like that.

        Nandini : "What is special today?"

        Manik : "Actually, I wanted to arrange something special on the day you accepted me and welcome you to the new phase of our relationship. I didn't get a chance on that day. I was thinking as to what I could do that is simple, the way you would want it to be, and at the same time conform to your liking. I chose today because it is exactly an year since we first met at the college."

        Nandini : "Thank you for the surprise as well as choosing me as your partner for life."

        Nandini : "You said you are going to find new ways to meet, so where and how am I going to meet you next? Are you going to do so every time?"

        Manik : "Not every time, but I can surprise you sometimes at least. You are smart, so try to figure out yourself when, where and how."

        Manik : "By the way, in spite of being so smart, your smartness didn't come to use when it was really required."

        Nandini : "What do you mean by that?"

        Manik : "You spoke so highly of love. You also helped Mukti and Abhi complete their love story, but when it came to us you were no less than a tube light and you were..."

        Nandini : "You can't be upset with me for that. I said what I believed in, because of my parents love story, but I am not an expert in it. I didn't figure out Mukti and Abhi were in love or help them. They figured it out on their own and Mukti overheard Abhi. There were no signs to show me that it is love. My heart didn't beat faster and I didn't feel a current pass through as in their case. There were no signs like they show in the movies - feeling a pleasant breeze or music in the air, shower of petals, seeing the person you love everywhere and in everyone and so on. So how was I to figure out?"

        Manik : "I am not upset with you because you realized late. It took time for me to realize too, so I completely understand your situation. Everyone's love story is different. In our case, as you also felt, our proximity calms down our heart beats. We are too comfortable with each other to feel .. what is that.. current when you touch. There were signs all along since we met, just not like the ones you mentioned. We didn't realize either because the situation wasn't favorable or we were stuck with other issues."

        Manik : "I didn't know that you believed in what they show in the movies, I thought you believed in reality. I can make arrangements for almost all that you mentioned even now. I have already taken care of one of them (he showed the flower petals), but I didn't like one of the things you mentioned. I don't want you to see me in someone else. If you want I can stay with you all the time so that such a situation doesn't arise at all in the first place."

        Nandini : "I didn't mean like that. I don't want to see you in anyone else. You don't have to make any other arrangements too. I was just trying to say that there were no telltale signs, so it wasn't that easy to figure out. If you aren't upset about that, then what were you trying to say?"