Part 41

Fab5 and Nandini were at a restaurant having dinner.

        Mukti : "By the way Nandini, even you might end up being in the same position as me in the future."

        Nandini : "I didn't understand what you meant by that."

        Mukti : "If you end up falling in love with someone or the other way around, you will go through the same situation as me, unless..."

        Mukti didn't want to state explicitly that she was referring to Manik, so she thought for a while as to how to say it.

        Mukti : "..unless he is already pre-approved by them."

        Nandini let out a chuckle hearing Mukti.

        Cabir : "What did you find funny that you are laughing to yourself?"

        Nandini : "It was nothing."

        Mukti : "He isn't going to let you go until you tell him."

        Nandini : "You said pre-approved. I was wondering how do you get a person pre-approved. I have heard of getting an application pre-approved. You can get approval before marriage too, but how do you get a person approved and then fall in love? That's it, but I under..."

        Cabir : "You are younger than all of us, but you are trying to making fun of us. See how things have changed, the younger generation doesn't have respect for us anymore."

        Cabir was being quite dramatic.

        Nandini : "I haven't finished yet and you gave an altogether different meaning to it. I have a doubt if today is some 'misunderstanding day'. I wasn't making fun of her. That's what came to my mind first when I heard her, but I understood what you meant. If it isn't a person they already know well, you won't be allowed to proceed further till you get their approval like how it happened with you. Anyways, I don't have to worry about it now. I will pray to god that I don't end up falling in love at least for a few years."

        Nandini didn't know that her god wouldn't listen to her in this matter. The path was already laid long back, and she was traveling on that path too, it was only the realization which was pending. She felt it funny when Mukti used the word pre-approved, but she didn't know that that is what is going to happen in her case. Both Nandini and Manik were already pre-approved by their family and friends.

        Cabir : "But why?"

        Nandini : "When the elders are still single, how can I disrespect them by moving ahead of them. I have to wait till you find someone, that isn't going to happen till you shift your focus from food to girls. We gave you an opportunity too today, but you didn't budge from the table. So I think I will have to find a girl who can distract you first, only then can I think of myself. That isn't going to be an easy task. It will take at least a few years."

        Cabir : "I have to be careful with you. You are turning my words against me. You are also planning to take me away from my first love so that you can setup your love life. These two, especially you Manik, this is all because of you, you have spoilt her. See how she has changed, she was the only one who used to support me, now even she has changed teams."