Part 30

Thank you all for your votes and comments! It always motivates me to continue writing. Hope you continue to enjoy the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nandini drank the juice, and a little later, the effects of the drink started. She began to feel hot. She thought she felt so because the place was crowded. She moved away from the crowd and when she found an open door, she went outside.

        A little later, Manik's phone started ringing, so he moved away from the crowd and received the call. When he was done and he was about to go back, he spotted a girl outside at a distance. It didn't take long for him to recognize that it was Nandini. He couldn't figure out what she was doing all alone outside, so he went out to check on her.

        Nandini was sitting on a swing.

        Manik : "What are you doing alone here?"

        Nandini : "I am flying."

        Manik : "You are sitting on a swing, but it isn't even moving, then how are you flying?"

        She rubbed her eyes and looked at him, as though she was looking at something strange. Nandini then looked in all directions to confirm if she was really sitting on a swing and not flying. She looked confused. She was expressing whatever she felt freely since she was drunk.

        Nandini : "I will believe that I am sitting and not flying since you are saying so."

        The way she was behaving didn't seem fine to Manik.

        Manik : "Are you alright?"

        Nandini : "No, I am not. Something is wrong with my eyes. I feel as though my surroundings are moving. I am also seeing two of you, but you are actually only one."

        Based on what she said and how she was behaving, Manik came to the conclusion that Nandini was drunk.

        Manik : "You are probably drunk."

        Nandini : "Drunk and me? I don't even touch the bottle or glass which contains alcohol."

        Manik : "That I know. Did you drink something else?"

        Nandini : "Yes, I had juice and it was very yummy."

        Manik thought that she had alcohol by mistake, but he wanted to confirm.

        Manik : "What juice did you have? .. What color was it?"

        She was tapping her face with one finger and thinking.

        Nandini : "It was orange in color, but it didn't taste fully like orange. I think it was mixed juice, but I am not able to figure out what other juice was mixed along with it. Whatever it was, it was good. I wanted to have more, but I couldn't find the juice which had the same taste. Can you ask Alya and get some for me?"

        Manik : "How would Alya know what you had?"

        Nandini : "She would know because she was the one who gave it to me."