Part 10

Thank you all for your votes and comments! It always motivates me to continue writing. Hope you continue to enjoy the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A senior told Nandini to propose to the guy who first enters the corridor, as part of ragging.

        Nandini closed her eyes and began to pray to god.

        Nandini : "God, you always put me into trouble first, get me tensed and provide me with a solution later. It appears that you like to have fun at my expense. Do you put me in trouble thinking that I won't remember you otherwise? You know right that's not the case, I think of you always. It is my first day here, so please show mercy on me and help me out of this."

Seeing the person who entered the corridor,

        Senior (to himself) : "I thought of having a little fun, but this will turn out to be more exciting. She has directly walked into the lion's den. Can't wait to find out what he is going to do to her?"

        Senior (to himself) : "Will he take the flower and throw it at her face? No, that's too simple. May be he will twist and break her hand, which she will use to give the flower. (He thought of some extreme scenarios too.) Whatever it is, he is definitely not going to spare her."

        Nandini thought of what to do and opened her eyes. She was surprised to find Manik in front of her.

        Nandini : "You? Here?!"

        Manik : "I study here."

        Nandini : "I thought you had completed your studies already."

        Manik : "I am doing my masters, and you? Are you by any chance joining this college?"

        Nandini : "Yes, I am."

        Manik : "First year classes aren't in this building. Then what are you doing standing here that too with a flower in your hand?"

        Nandini : "Oops, seeing you I forgot why I was here. It is for you."

        Manik : "What?!"

        Though he raised his voice a little at first, he didn't loose his temper as he would normally do in that situation. He knew what it meant since quite a few girls had proposed to him in the past. He calmed down knowing that Nandini wouldn't do so deliberately.

        Manik : "You mean to say you were planning to welcome me with this flower, though you didn't know that you will find me here."

        Nandini : "It isn't for welcoming you. I was supposed to give it to the first person who comes through the corridor, and you are the first one."

        Nandini : "I had requested you last time too and I have a request again. A guy snatched my bag. He asked me to propose to the first person who comes here if I wanted to get it back.  So can you please take this flower? How will he know whether I really proposed you or not?"

        Manik : "So someone is ragging you. Show me who it is, I will take care of him."

        Nandini pointed to the person and they walked towards the senior.

        Senior (to himself) : "I thought that I put her in trouble, but turns out she put me in one."

        The senior gave Nandini's bag back immediately.

        Senior (to Nandini) : "Why didn't you tell me before that you know him?"

        Senior (to Manik) : "I am very very sorry!"