Part 7

Manik decided to tell Nyonika about Alya.

        Manik : "Mom, I have a revelation to make. You don't have to look for a girl for me. I have a girlfriend."

        Nyonika was surprised, she had no clue about it.

        Nyonika : "What?! .. Girlfriend?"

        Nyonika : "When are you going to introduce her to us?"

        Manik : "You know her already mom."

        Nyonika : "Who is she?"

        Manik hesitated to tell her name because he knew Nyonika didn't like her that much.

        Manik : "Alya"

        Nyonika : "What?! She is your friend, right? When did she become your girlfriend?"

        Manik : "Since three years."

        Nyonika : "Why did you hide this from me for so long?"

        Manik : "I didn't know how you would react if I told you about her. I know you don't like her that much, but I like her mom and I want to marry her in the future. Can't you accept her for my sake, Mom?"

        Nyonika : "You are right. I don't like her, but if you are sure that she is the one for you, I will try to accept her. Your happiness is more important to me than anything else."

        Raj who just came there heard their conversation too.

        Raj (to Nyonika) : "You always keep calling him baccha (child), but your child has grown big enough to select a life partner on his own."

        Nyonika : "However old he grows he will still remain a child to me."

        Raj (to Manik) : "We will accept whoever you choose as your life partner. However, I have an advice for you. You were naive three years back. The qualities based on which you chose a girlfriend at that age aren't necessarily the same qualities you would be looking for in a wife. As you grow older, you grow wiser too. So take time and think wisely before you commit since it is going to be for a lifetime. Remember, you will be sharing your entire lifetime with the one you choose."

        Nyonika's hunt for a suitable girl for Manik came to an end. She didn't force Manik to get married soon and Manik wasn't in a hurry to get married anyways. Nyonika also needed time to accept Alya as her future daughter-in-law.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Nandini's teacher left to Mumbai. He tried talking to two of his friends, but they hesitated because they didn't want to take responsibility of a young girl.

        Nandini's teacher was telling about Nandini to another friend of his.

        Teacher : "Nandini is a brilliant girl. She has got a scholarship to study here, but her grandmother isn't willing to let her stay alone. Will you be able to accommodate her at your place?"

        Mr. Takkar : "Tell me about her. Where is she from? What is her family background?"

        Teacher : "She is from my village, Vilaspur. Her parents passed away in an accident when she was little. Since then she has been staying with her grandmother Kishori Murthy, she teaches classical music..."

        Mr. Takkar : "I think I have heard these names before."

        He thought for a while.

        Mr. Takkar : "Is Nandini Mr. Ram Murthy's daughter?"

        Teacher : "Yes, did you know him?"