Part 32

Alya had come to know that Nandini was going to the village for her parents' death anniversary, when Abhi was talking to Mukti. She decided to use that information in her favor.

        Alya's thoughts : "Nandini, you got in my way and I am not going to spare you. You are going to be neither here, nor there (her village). You won't have to attend their death anniversary, you can go directly to them."

        Alya hired goons to kidnap Nandini and kill her. She chose that occasion because she felt that it would take time for anyone to notice that Nandini was missing. Both Abhi's family and Nandini's family will be under the impression that she is on her journey to her village. So even before anyone comes to know that she is missing and starts looking for her, she would be dead.

        Alya wanted it to look like a random incident and not a planned murder. She didn't want anyone to suspect her involvement in it. She had taken precautions to ensure that no one will be able to trace it back to her.

        Alya invited Fab5 to hang out at her place, on the same night her plan was going to be executed. She wanted to make sure Nandini couldn't reach Abhi or Manik for help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Next day, Manik contacted the security for the CCTV recording. The security told him that his partner was on leave that day, so he has to manage alone. They could look through it after college hours if that was fine with him. Manik agreed.

        After college hours, Manik met the security. Since he didn't have a clue as to when the incident Nandini mentioned could have happened, he decided to start with the day Alya fell and then backtrack from there. That way at least one of his doubts would be cleared. He didn't know that he didn't have to look beyond that footage, because that would answer both his questions.

        Manik was shocked seeing the footage. He never expected Alya to do something like that. On inquiring further, the security filled Manik in on what had happened on the day that the police had come for the inquiry. He came out of the security room. It took him sometime to assimilate what he had seen and heard.

        Manik : "How could Alya go to the extent of pushing Nandini off the stairs? If Nandini wouldn't have moved away in time, it would have been her in place of Alya. I still don't know how I saved her, but I am glad she escaped."

        Manik : "I thought the accident had messed up Alya's thinking and she misunderstood that Nandini had pushed her, but it appears that she deliberately tried to frame Nandini. Both Nandini and Abhi knew about it, but they didn't disclose it to me. If Nandini wouldn't have mentioned it, I wouldn't have taken it to consideration and looked into it, so I wouldn't have come to know about it at all."

        Manik : "If Alya can go to such extremes to harm Nandini, then she can spike her drink too. What was she planning to do to her,  if I wouldn't have found her that day? She wasn't even in a position to stand on her own, let alone save herself."

        Manik : "She is trying to target Nandini because of her misconceptions. Her insecurities have made her crazy. I have to put an end to her craziness. In spite of warning her to let go of her insecurities and giving her a chance, she hasn't changed. I didn't expect that she would, but I never thought she would be plotting to harm Nandini behind my back. It is time to put an end to our relationship as well."