part thirteen

Reaper came out of the guest room about five hours after they'd gone in, saying that Shai was sleeping and we were to leave her alone. I highly doubted that girl was asleep. By then it was nighttime, and we were all very tired... well, except for me and Gameknight. Feyd and Xa-Tul crashed on the couch, while Reaper went into the other bedroom that was literally just a tiny-ass room with a small red bed in it. Gameknight anxiously played with his thumbs as I just sat there at the table, staring at the slightly ajar door of Shai's room.

"Hey, uh, Gameknight?" I asked.

He looked up at me. "Y-ya?"

"Do you suspect a relationship between Reaper and Shaivalak? One that's just more than them being best friends?"

Gameknight tilts his head. "Wh-what, you think th-they're... boyfriend-girlfriend?"

"I mean, uh... a little." My face was starting to turn red. Why was I sharing all of this with Gameknight? He's dying in eight, almost seven, days. He doesn't need to deal with my petty boy troubles. 

Gameknight seemed a little confused, before he smiled. "I g-get it... you l-like Reaper d-dont you?"

I turned redder. "H-how'd you guess?!"

"It's obvious... it wa-as even obvious back at the s-school. Whenever they w-would interact, y-you'd turn red and get obviously pissed off... i-it was quite f-funny..."

"Shut up..." My face turned from blushy to serious. "I want to know what happened when the two of them went off to that bar, or party, or wherever they went." When Gameknight looked confused, I added, "the two of them were kind of annoyed at how 'miserable' me and Feyd and Xa-Tul were being, so they decided to leave us alone and go out somewhere. That was when you called me, when they were gone." My face darkened. "But when they got back, Shai was acting weird. Usually, when she's drunk, she's all peppy and overexcited and giggly. But this time... she was acting distant. Like something happened when they were out. Something she didn't want."

Gameknight's face turns as white as the bandages wrapped around his arms. "You don't think..."

"I do. I mean, I think I do. I know they did it, but I don't think Shai consented to it. But I don't want to ask her, because she might get pissed off at me and tell Reaper, and then I'll never have a chance with him."

Gameknight rests his hand on my arm. "W-well... it never h-hurts to try anything," he said softly. "I-if you want, I'll go with y-you. If Shai was really... well, you know... then I c-can give her some ad-advice on how to c-cope with it. I think I know how to b-by now..." He chuckles dryly. "Come on y-you, just h-help me walk, okay?"

I nod, getting up out of my seat, wrapping my arm around Gameknight's waist, and walking over to Shai's room. The door was still slightly ajar, but it was open enough that I could see inside. Shai's head was peeking out from under the blankets, her arms by her head and her hair spread out all over her pillow. Gameknight knocked on the door.

"W-who is it?" she asks. She sounds just barely sober enough to have a civilized conversation with us.

"It's me, um.. G-Gamekni-ght...?" Gameknight suddenly mumbles some things that sound like 'Gameknight' but aren't, one audible one being 'Gamey.' "A-and Charybdis, w-we want to talk to y-you if you c-can..."

A light snaps on, and Shai's face is visible. She sits up, pulling a bunch of blankets with her and wrapping them around her chest and over her shoulders so basically nothing below her chin was visible to us. "You can talk,... I don't mind."

I nod, helping Gameknight into the room and shutting the door behind us. We both sit down on the bed.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Shai asks nervously, stroking the tips of her shiny black hair with her fingers.

I sigh. "I want to know what happened between you and Reaper at the party."

Then, something I didn't exactly expect happens. Shai's face pales, a tear falls out of her eye, and she pulls the blankets directly against her chest. "I don't want to talk about it."

Gameknight looks up at her with big eyes. He sighs softly, reaching up and taking his eye patch off. His broken eye is filled with soft kindness. "Sh-shaivalak... I t-think we all know what happened, and b-believe me, it really helps to talk about it..."

Shai's lip trembles before she bursts into tears. She let's the blankets fall, revealing a marked up chest and a huge purple spot on her neck. "Oh, I didn't want it, I didn't want it at all, not at all... but he wouldn't let me say no! Every single time I went to push him away or even tell him no, I don't want this, I want him off, he would force me to drink more and more until I was so drunk I couldn't even say anything!" She grabbed Gameknight's shoulders, sobbing into his neck. "He insisted that I've wanted to do this my entire life, but I haven't! I know he's had a crush on me, but I have an extremely good reason why I can't go out with him! Or do ANYTHING with him!"

"What is it...?" I ask gently, patting her head.

"C-chary..." She whimpers. "If you tell any of the others this, I'll bite you."

"Deal."

She bites her lip. "I'm ace. Asexual. I don't want sexual intercourse with a boy, a girl, anyone. And if I was ever going to even KISS anyone, which is rare, it's going to be a girl. Reaper is literally the last guy I would want to do anything romantic with. I only thought of him as a really really good friend, the same way I think of as the rest of you guys. But apparently, he doesn't think of me that way..." 

There's silence for a bit. Shai is still crying into gameknight's neck, and I'm still rubbing her bare back, trying to calm her down. Gameknight looks, for once, the calmest out of all three of us. I can tell he feels Shai's pain. I can tell he knows exactly what she feels... they were both forced into something that they didn't want to do, something that completely and totally went agains their morals as a person. And it was horrible. I'd never felt that, but I could feel that vibe from both of these broken kids, and it was horrible.

Suddenly, a sentence spilled out of my mouth. "Did Reaper ever tell you he loves you?"

Shai looked up. "Huh?"

"Did Reaper, when he was doing that to you, ever say the words 'I love you' to you?"

Gameknight looks up at Shai as well, awaiting her answer. We sit in silence before Shai shakes her head. "No. No, he didn't. He doesn't love me, Char. He doesn't love me... All he wanted me for was my body. My stupid body. My stupid fucking overdeveloped body." She punches herself in the breasts for extra effect. Gameknight stopped her.

"Hey, hey, Shai, it's okay..." He said, and I just now realized, he's talking normally. No more baby voice. No more stuttering. "It's okay. Believe me. When Herobrine first hurt me like that, I hated my body for being the type that he wanted. I wanted to chop my penis off at first. But I didn't."

"Thank God. That would hurt." Shai giggles softly. It's the first smile she's pulled in this whole conversation. "Thank you, you two... you guys are the best." She gives us both light kisses on the head. "Those were platonic, by the way."

Gameknight snorts, and I smile. "We figured." 

Gameknight gets up, and I get up along with him. Shai grabs her oversized T-shirt and throws it over her shoulders before sliding some pajama pants on as well. "Don't want the others to see me like that," she says.

The three of us walk out into the living room. We sit in front of the couch (Xa-Tul and Feyd had fallen asleep on it, in a very weird position may I add-) and watch some TV for a little bit. It felt nice. Like all my worries were going away. Gameknight was still dying, Herobrine was still probably after us, and Shai's ass and puss were probably destroyed, but for a moment, we could believe that it would stay like this forever.

Then there was a knock at the door. I stood up to get it. I open it up. 

"Shit, not you," this tall redheaded girl says. "I'm not here to talk to you."

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I ask, folding her arms.

She rolls her eyes, clearing her throat. "I'm Hunter. And I'm looking for Gameknight."