trapped in the darkness

Nico610

Nico610

NoNameIsWorkin

 First and foremost I apologise for the late review due to sick leave, school stuff etc. From my point of view the title kinda not interesting. It sounds too basic for me as it screams 'dark theme' in this story which is true as I read the summary of the story. At least the tittle does reflect to the story. Creativity stand point. I would say around 5/10. It's not bad but these type of troupe such as sick boy fall in love with sick girl is a bit like a trend these few recent years and for me, it's a bit too cliché. At the same time it has it own quirks such as usually the male love interest would tell the girl that they got some sort of illness from the very beginning, so when he revealed his tumour around the almost end chapter, it gave more impact like a surprising twist feeling. Either that or It's just me. Now for the characters. 

Since the story mostly centres around Felicity and Felix, so this review will be focusing on them only. First, Felicity. No offence but she came off as a marry sue. Like depressed girl, lost hope and all that with the fact that she's blind and heterochromia. Not that I hate this type of character but that's just my first impression of her. Yet as the story goes on, I slowly understand why she acted like that and how she became like she is in the presence but that does not excuse her being a jerk to her love interest although they do have this type of troupe in mostly romance genre which is quite popular. So I would say she is a fair interesting character, not hate-able to the least. Then the male love interest, Felix. I am not the type who would read the biography so that's why it kinda upset me that Felicity never get to know what he looks like. This might sounds predictable from me but I think Felix is a good character, and he got personality.

Although some of his ' romantic gestures' kinda came out as annoying such as keep persistent hanging out with Felicity even though she already stated she doesn't want to and creepy like kept looking out from her from afar. Since in the story, the readers only able to see from Felicity point of view so it is understandable if Felicity treat him badly but arguably it is part of his caring personality, so it's a win-win. Meanwhile, the story line is actually pretty good. Sure it has a rough and too cliché start but that slowly warmed up to the readers. The simplicity in the story was so done well that once that tension suddenly appeared, it actually gives that emotional impacts to the readers. Start from there, that is when readers will start to invest really more into the stories that even when the ending is predictable it was as if it wasn't. Writing style and structure, good and understandable. Not to complicate but enough to describe the whole setting and story as if the readers was there to watch. 

 Overall, I would give the story about 7.5/ 10. Good story and keep up the good work.