young!Shawn Hunter x Reader

Shawn loves Angela. Their on a break and Shawn needs consoling while he waits. Reader loves Shawn. She's getting mixed signals

Shawn Hunter has always loved Angela. It was common knowledge among your friends. Topanga understands how hard on you it is. Cory doesn't understand why you won't move on. Reader is in love with Shawn. It is common knowledge among your friends.

Its late on a Saturday night an you where reading when a pebbles were heard tapping your window softly. You walked to the window slowly only to to see a teary eyed Shawn sitting on a lawn chair next to your plastic pool. A handful of small stones at the ready.

"Shawn?" he looked up lazily at me "Are you drunk? You look drunk" by now Shawn began to scale the side you my house slowly.

"No Reader, I'm just tired" he reached my window and attempted to enter my room smoothly but caught his foot on the window and feel straight to the carpet. He laid their for a couple seconds before groaning in a frustrated manner before bursting in to heart wrenching sobs, leaving you equally confused and panicked.

"Shawn? Shawn whats wrong?" but instead of answering he flung himself onto you. Holding onto you like a life line "C'mon Shawn, tell me whats wrong" You cooed softly as you stroked his hair softly. It was safe to say having him this close, even in this state, left your heart in a frenzied state.

"S-s-she said I was immature. That I didn't take an-n-nything seriousl-l-y" Shawn looked so hurt by what he revealed, like he was in physical pain just thinking about it.

"Who said that Shawn? Was it Angela?"Shawn nodded stiffly at the sound of her name "Did you guys break up?" Shawn shook his head hesitantly.

"No. No she said we should take a break. Were on a break" poor Shawn couldn't see what we'd all been seeing for months. Another common knowledge between friends. Angela didn't love Shawn. I always thought she stayed because she truly believed she could if she tried. That she truly did want to love him but she couldn't, not anymore. 

"Shawn" I had to do it. I had to tell him. Not that I loved him, but that Angela didn't. I pulled away from Shawn's hold in favor of sitting him on my bed kneeling in front of him and gripping his hand "What you have with Angela, its changed Shawn, she doesn't love you any more Shawn" he recoiled from my touch like it was Fire and he was Ice, but the fire was in his eyes and he thought I was cold.

"You're lying." Shawn stated heatedly but when he saw my hurt look he softened. He knew I meant well. He just thought I didn't know any better.

"Shawn, I swear i'm not lying. I can see i.."Shawn interrupted me the rage back in his eyes

"NO! You don't know Angela like I do"you flinched back when Shawn began to raise his voice. Subtly as to not show Shawn his words had gotten to you "You don't even know what loving someone feels like! You turn down any guy that wants anything to do with you!" this time you didn't flinch when he yelled you stepped up and kissed him.

Shawn didn't know what to do. You were his best friend and he'd never seen you in that light before. You had always been the school tomboy. You were the first in the group to punch any man or woman that dared mess with any friend of yours. You were nothing short of wonderful, not that you saw that. Like the way you sparkled when complementing others, but turn bashful when the favor was returned. How you could never just stand their when Harley was picking on someone or how when you fell you liked to over play it  and turn it into a joke. How no matter what somebody was crying about you tried your best to console. You didn't pretend to relate. You listened. No, Shawn had never seen you in that light because to him you were the light, he loved Angela but he loved you first, he supposed when he felt you couldn't love him he fell into someone thought could.

When you pulled back Shawn looked dazed "Oh god, I'm so sorry Shawn I shouldn't have done that." when Shawn didn't answer  you took it as a rejection. Your eyes began to burn and you throat tightened, so you grabbed Shawn's sleeve and began leading him back to the window. When you got their Shawn seemed to snap out of whatever stupor your kiss had left him in and stopped you from pushing him out the window 

"I love Angela" Shawn began before you interrupted him

"I know Shaw.."

"Let me finish" Shawn took a deep breath "I love Angela. I always have and I always will," Tears began streaming from your cheeks "but it might have been when we were seven and you hit me in nose for picking on Stewart or when we were 13 and you punched Harley for picking on Cory, Maybe it was at our first school dance and you refused to wear a dress so you went in pants and a t-shirt but I know I've loved you for a long time" Shawn looked at you nervously and was surprised when you flung your arms around him in a tight embrace

"I love you too idiot" Shawn looked relived and held you tightly

"Lets take this slow, okay?"

"Take as long as you need"