Chapter 13: Frat Parties and Bad Decisions

It has been a long week, and you're stressed out from all of the exams you have proctored. With the school year ending, you have to enter all the grades for the class you and Seokjin are in charge of, not to mention the lack of sex has you feeling some type of way. You and Jungkook have tried to see each other, but he has exams and study groups, and with your aforementioned obligations as well, the time you thought you might be able to cross paths didn't quite go as planned. He did stop in once on Tuesday to Campus Comics, grabbing a coffee and a cheese danish pastry after his exam and before an intense study group at the library, but the conversation was quick.

"Hey beautiful."

You turn around from the cappuccino machine you were cleaning; Seokjin had attempted to make cappuccino cup art and ended up splashing milk everywhere...don't ask. He's now manning the register, taking orders and prepping them while you clean up his mess.

"Jungkook!" You set down the rag and walk around the counter to greet him, where he pulls you into a hug. You only reach right under his chin, so he rests his chin on your head as he embraces you. He smells heavenly, like a fresh shower and his favorite scent, a mix of black vanilla, pear, and blooming gardenia. You inhale his scent, ache blooming in your chest from missing this contact, missing him. He pulls away slightly, allowing you to be able to step back and look up at him, though he keeps his arms around you, hands clasped at the small of your back.

"I just wanted to see my favorite girl. It's been a shitty week." He smiles, despite his remarks of this week being shitty.

"Exams?" You ask, hoping that the tests weren't that bad.

"No...I haven't had my typical...uh...exercise in several days." He smirks, though his cheeks were turning a bit red at his bold statement in a public place.

"Me too...it's been stressful."

He moves to put one hand on your hip, the other on your head, stroking your hair.

"Friday," he says, winking.

"Can't wait," you breathe, pulse quickening at the thought. Usually you aren't so sprung over a guy, not to the point that you were literally counting the days until you got him naked again, but Jungkook seems to have a hold over you that you can't really explain.

He stops stroking your hair, his hand moving to your cheek before grasping your chin lightly to tip your face up to his. He leans down quickly, kissing you chastely on the lips before he lets you go. He makes his way over to where Seokjin is waiting with his order, greeting his hyung quickly before dashing out of the store. He gives you one last parting glance, a scrunched-nose smile through the glass windows before he heads down the path to the library.

That was two and half days ago. Not that you were counting.

You've finished clearing out your TA's office this afternoon, having accumulated a lot of items throughout the school year, more than you thought. Seokjin, ever a guy, had barely anything on his side, so he had gone off to the end of year pool party with the guys. It was over before you were done clearing out, so you grab the last of your boxes and head to your apartment. Soon you'll need to pack that up too. You haven't told anyone yet, but you were planning on leaving the school as a TA and looking for work at a school in the city as a guidance counselor. It's time for you to get more serious with your career, and while you love the campus life, being a TA doesn't pay the bills as well as a school counselor would. Plus, you can look into getting your own little home instead of renting an apartment. Maybe Jungkook will help you find a place. You smile, thoughts of being domestic and cute with him carrying you through unloading all of your shit.