Chapter 3:Total Chaos- The Messy Love Triangle

Yoongi rouses the noona who had passed out in the back and sent her home, explaining away her fatigue and the fact that she was sprawled out on the floor by saying that she must have just been extremely tired at work and had fallen asleep at the counter. Jungkook sits to the side, attempting to piece together what just happened, though his brain wants to reject the proof he saw with his own two eyes.

Jungkook doesn't understand why he—sitting outside the now closed store on a street bench—cannot understand the events that just occured. Yoongi paces back and forth in front of him, not saying anything.

"Honestly, hyung...if you don't explain what the fuck happened back there, I'm going to kick you."

"Jungkook, I don't really know how to explain it myself, other than saying that I only know very few of the details. But you're basically supposed to...fight bad guys." Yoongi looks at Jungkook sheepishly, meeting wide eyes that don't believe the statement he just made.

"I'm...supposed to 'fight bad guys'. Okay, okay, the prank is over, hyung. Where's the hidden camera? Ashton, you can come out now."

Yoongi sighs and finally stops pacing to look Jungkook in his face.

"I wish that I had a better way of saying this, Jungkook-ah, I do. I know how ridiculous it sounds. But you're here to fight the bad guys. There are people who are trying to harm humans on earth...and you have to find them and thwart their plans."

"Wait, hurt humans on Earth? So what, are you telling me that we're not human? So, who are you then? I've known you like my whole life, hyung, why are you just telling me this now? And who was that noona? She called me, uh, Bangtan Maknae. What kind of fucking name is that?"

"Well, it's your name, I do know that much. And apparently, she's Smeraldo Mask, did she say? She knows who you are. There are others like you who are here to help you in your quest to protect earth." Sighing, Yoongi avoids eye contact as he continues to speak. "I'm like your...watcher. Kind of like in Buffy the Vampire Slayer? I don't actually fight bad guys though." Yoongi shakes his black hair out of his eyes and finally looks at Jungkook fully.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I haven't known forever, but I've known for a few years now...I wanted you to have as much time as possible before...before it is time for you to fulfill your duties. I honestly thought, or I guess I had hoped, that it wouldn't come to this. It looks like our time is up. And we need to find the other Bangtanies. Looking at what that undead creature was able to do, draining the life force from that girl...she almost became a duplicate of her, taking her face. If we hadn't been there, she would have been able to absorb the essence from every customer who walked in once she took over that clerk."

"But what is actually happening? Why would she want their essence?" Jungkook asks again. He doesn't appear to be listening to Yoongi, and still seems to be in shock.

"Jungkook, look. Let's get you home, so you can have time to process this all. We can talk more tomorrow."

Jungkook stands up and nods at Yoongi, who leads him to his car so they can head to Jungkook's shared apartment.

You wake up exhausted and unable to remember any of the dreams you had the night before. You honestly don't even remember arriving home. Rubbing your eyes, you adjust to the morning light filtering through your window, and notice something light purple falling from your head onto your bedsheets. You reach out, gingerly picking up a flower petal. The same one from your past dreams. Whatever is happening, you feel that the petals must be important.

Deciding to get ready, you plan to head to Campus Comics to pick up your check and grab a coffee. It's your day off from both jobs, but you want to have a somewhat productive day. Throwing on your shoes, you grab your purse and head out to the store.