IV. Imposter Interrogator

Start from the beginning

"She?" Caroline said with a chuckle. "She's read a website about the Doctor. There's two she's?" Not quite believing it since the only people who came around asking about the Doctor were men who didn't get out of the house much.

"A lot of this stuff's quite sensitive. I couldn't just send it to you. People might intercept it, if you know what I mean. If you dig deep enough and keep a lively mind, this Doctor keeps cropping up all over the place." Clive explained as he showed them various pictures scattered throughout history.

Clive went on about the Doctor, getting more and more strange by the minute. Rose grabbed Ella's hand and led her out of the shed and back to the street when Clive claimed the different doctors that they saw in the pictures were the same man.

"Alright, he's a nutter, off his head ... complete online conspiracy freak. You win!" Rose said stopping by Mickey's car.

"But what was so crazy about what he said, Ro? He made sense out of the utter nonsense of the last two days." Ella defended, she wasn't quite sure if Clive was correct about the Doctor, but her mother's people had always believed in magic and impossible things, so she should too.

"Before this turns into something drastic, do you wanna get pizza?" Rose asked, cutting off the almost argument between the friends.

"Yes. I just ate but I love pizza." Ella smiled as Rose ducked into Mickey's car and they drove off and led the other car to a pizza restaurant. When they parked, Ella snatched her keys away from Darren because she wasn't sure if she wanted him to drive anymore with the reckless way he just drove.

"Do you think I should try the hospital?" Rose asked as the waiter walked away with their order, Ella shrugged. "Suki said they have jobs going in the canteen. Is that it then, dishing out chips."

"Maybe you could finish school?" Ella played with her hair and brought a small piece up to her lip, so it looked like she had a mustache. "I know you left because of that guy. If you finish maybe you could get into an artsy university and become an actress or a singer!"

"What makes you think I could be an actress?" Rose scrunched her eyebrows together.

"You were super into drama there for a bit. Remember, you dragged me to all those plays? Plus, you're a good liar. Acting is basically professional lying." After seeing Rose unconvinced, Ella backtracked. "I don't know, Ro. What are you passionate about? What do you wanna do until you die?"

"Ella, that was surprisingly morbid! I'm serious." Rose smiled widely at her friend.

"But ... I thought you were Rose?" Ella asked with a stupid grin she couldn't contain at her lame joke. Mickey had to ask questions about the Doctor and Ella trailed her eyes over to the boys that she forgot were still there.

Truly seeing the boys for the first time since this morning Ella noticed something was different about them. They looked as if they were wearing too much makeup because their skin gave off a plastic sheen.

The grin disappeared from Ella's face as the boys in their group made her feel very uneasy.

"So, where did you meet ... this Doctor?" Mickey asked.

"Because I reckon it all started back at the shop, am I right? Was he something to do with that?" Darren spoke up making Ella feel defensive for a man she just met.

"No." She quickly answered as Rose answered the opposite.

"Sort of. I'm not going on about it, Darren. Really, I'm not. I know it sounds daft, but I don't believe it's safe. I think he's dangerous." Rose whispered the last part like it was a secret.