t w e n t y - t w o

Seven's POV

I've become frantic. Frantic for survival. Frantic to search for Daryl.

Not only that but I've begun to cry from the fact that I'm stranded on this damn farm with walkers in every direction. I haven't cried since I was a pup, but with all these walkers and dangers around me, I feel small. Like a small child surrounded by a pack of hungry wolves. But to add onto that I'm along and am growing extremely tired.

I understand why Daryl left. He needed to save himself and Carol. But that doesn't mean it didn't hurt to see him drive away, leaving me here stranded. Him knowing I was on the farm and leaving me besides the fact, hurt even more, but I can think about this later. My thoughts should be more focused on my survival.

He'll come back.

I mull over the options of where everyone would've met up while also dodging the walkers. Finally coming to a theory of where they've gone. My thoughts giving me a sudden boost of determination, I sprint off towards the woods at full speed. No walker being able to get the chance to even graze the tips of my fur. I reach the woods and don't stop my sprint. My lungs ache with a fiery pain that is coming from my lack of air. I jump and weave through the trees, the leaves crunching beneath my paws with the coming of fall. By now, no walkers are in sight but that doesn't stop me from this long and painful sprint. Reaching the road is when I finally slow down.

My tongue hangs from my mouth and my breaths are really heavy. My feet drags across the concrete, luckily, no walkers are in sight. I feel myself begin to gag, so I stop and continue to repeatedly gag, the bile finally comes up. And a lot of it. Nasty. I continue my walk down the middle of the road, no cars around. My paws ache and my eyes droop from exhaustion. My tail sways from side to side and my head hangs low. My body begs for rest but I continue to push it, needing my owner, needing Daryl.

He'll come back, won't he?

Daryl's POV

"Where's the rest of us?" I ask, scanning through the members of the group. Rick, Lori, Carl, T-Dog, Glenn, Maggie, Hershel, Beth were the ones who were here. Shane, Patricia, Andrea, and Seven were the ones who were no where in sight.

"We're the only ones who have made it so far" Rick says.

"Did any of you see, Seven?" I ask, just trying to know if my best friend for the past year and a half is alive. They all ignore my question, some avoiding eye contact or others just acting like they didn't hear me. The only person who acknowledged my question was Carol who turned to me and gave a sort of sympathetic shrug. I can feel myself becoming aggravated. Jus' wanna know where my dog is.

Lori stands up from her uniting hug with Carl, "Shane?" Rick simply shake his head and directs his eyes to the ground. Good riddance.

"Andrea?" Glenn asks.

"She saved me, then I lost her." Carol says from beside me. And then you were saved again..

"We saw her go down" T-Dog says from where he lazily hangs from the car door.

"Patricia?" Hershel asks, while Beth clings to his side and Maggie stands on the other side of Beth trying to comfort her.