A/N - Farewell to Seven

It's been four years since I began writing this. I was only a kid with weird little ideas in my head. So I guess you can thank my thirteen year old self for the concept and creation of Seven.

You can imagine the surprise I had when I found that my stupid lil idea had caught the interests of many. I mean.. who would've thought? A fanfic written from a dog's perspective is unusual to even myself.

From the get-go, this had absolutely no plan or idea besides that Daryl had a dog and it was written from his perspective. That's how simple and unplanned it was.

Now.. years have passed, times have changed, and things are different. We even made it through a pandemic together! But within the time from which I started this book to now, I've lost interest. I can't even remember the last time I've turned on the Walking Dead.

Seven, the beautiful, snarky, and deep down, loving dog, is now just a phantom of mine and maybe even both of our pasts. With the length of time its taken for me to get here.. my style of writing and even my general knowledge and power with words has changed drastically over the years.

Some of you may be angry, or even find it laughable that I'm making such an announcement. Why after all these years? Why would the author think we care?

Well, to answer those questions, it took a lot of consideration. There were several nights I'd consider to suddenly hitting the delete button on Seven. At this point, it's not even a work I can be proud of. If some of you find this unimportant.. well, all I can do is wish you the best and to move on for the people who do appreciate this notice.

Now, with that being said, there is one thing I am proud of and appreciate heavily. That is you guys. Whether you are fans (?), casual readers, or maybe even friends, I appreciate you. Without you, I wouldn't even be here making this note. While the concept of Seven isn't something I was proud of, your guys's readings, support, comments, and theories and ideas was a big motivator for me.

It's time to say farewell to Seven though. I do not see myself further updating this work. Though, people's ideas, choices, and thoughts may change. Maybe I do one day go back to finish Seven. But currently, I cannot see that, so..

Farewell Seven.

If you have any requests or questions, ask here, dms, or anywhere you may find me.

I have other ideas and developing plans for other works. Sometimes I post the beginning of ideas if you'd like to check them out, or follow me to stay updated (the discord exists too! But it's dead). If not, this is a goodbye for the crossing of our paths.

- Pyro