t h i r t y - t w o

Seven's POV

———

After everyone's much needed nap time since waking up at the ass crack of dawn, T-Dog, Rick, Hershel, Daryl, and I, gather around a table with all the weapons we've been able to loot off of just our surroundings and walkers. Apparently we can afford a nap time now. Not that I'm complain', I was ready to pass tha' hell out.

"Not bad," Daryl comments, setting the rest of the weapons him and I had found together. I can barely see on top of the table, but I prefer an aerial perspective. I jump up onto the bench that is connected to the table to see our weapons better. Daryl right away looks at me with a scolding expression, "I'll let that slide for now. That ain't how it's always gonna be." I grin cheekily at him.

Rick, T-Dog, and Hershel look at me before looking back down at the weapons. Whaaat? The world goes to hell and you're more worried about table manners. I roll my eyes. Humans. "Flashbangs, CS Triple-Chasers. Not sure how they'd work on walkers, but we'll take 'em," Rick says towards Hershel. I don't gotta clue on who's doing the triple chasin' but I imagine they'd do something. Probably would just bite at the air not havin' a clue on what to do.

Daryl lifts a helmet that is apart of the riot gear, a loud and disgusting sound coming from it as only what I can describe as walker good drips from it. Please tell me you ain't gonna wear that shit and then storm into battle. "I ain't wearin' this shit," Daryl says holding up the helmet and looking at it in disgust. Wow. Didn't think you'd actually tell me. Daryl glances at me while I hold a disgusted look. He isn't phased by my expression before looking back down at the weapons.

T-Dog holds up what I think is a glove covered in walker gear, "We could boil 'em." He offers while staring at the glove with a similarly disgusted face.

I yawn and shake my head no. "Ain't enough firewood in the forest. No," Daryl says, dismissing the prospect of wearing.. walker infected riot gear, "Seven ain't even gonna wear it and he don't like the idea." I blink at them when they look towards me. Wow. Didn't know I'd have a voice on this group discussion. Sick! "Besides we've gotten this far without 'em, right?" He adds on looking to Rick before half-heartedly swinging a metal pole like a baseball bat.

"Hershel." I hear Carol call from behind me. I almost forgot the old man was here. I turn around so I can face Carol, curious as to what she wants. She nods her head for him to
follow her. That's weird. That suspicious.

"Everything alright?" Rick asks her.

"Yeah. Nothing to worry about," She walks off with Hershel following her. Yeah, that was a lie. The question now is, do I go investigate? Or stay here and look at gooey walker weapons?

I mouth forms a straight like while my eyes become half-lidded. Yeah. I'm too curious. Curiosity kill the cat, right? Not the dog. I nudge Daryl, hitting his elbow since I'm still up on the bench as a sort of way to say I'll be back. "Alrigh', you gonna be helpin' us clear out some more of this place so don't do nothin' stupid," He tells me in a low voice. It wasn't a whisper, the others could still hear him, but it was low enough where he meant for it to be directed at me and only me. I'll always be amazed by how well you understand me. Yes sir, dear father Daryl, I'll be back by curfew.

I hop down from the bench and turn into a confident upright position. I turn my head with a smirk and wink back at Daryl, letting him know I understood and heard him. He smirks back and nods his head, "See ya' in a bit, asshole." I snort before jogging off. Asshole.