villainous.

some short and soft superhero x villian breddy.

dedicated to my wife theredviolin .

-

the plan was simple.

destroy the town of aria, steal the golden violin, and leave.

yet something—more like someone—stood in his way.

eddy shouldn't have been bothered, really. as the world's most notorious villain people knew not to mess with him. they called him lightning, the most wicked of all earth's bad guys, the one who didn't bat an eye for crying children or whining puppies.

but there was one superhero that always seemed to get in the way.

he didn't look like a hero in the slightest. short little man with glasses who probably couldn't even lift a small car. hypothetically, he was no match for eddy, whose extreme strength and storm-conjuring skills were powerful enough to take out an entire city in mere minutes. the hero could fly just as eddy could, with that annoying bright blue cape. but his real power was a bit more intricate.

brett, or the believer, as they called him, was the master of mind control. never in a malicious way, though. no, instead he could will anyone to smile, to laugh, to calm down, all through a simple touch. he could make anyone believe anything. it was why he was the only hero eddy had ever avoided encounters with—because he knew that he'd be defeated with just one skin to skin touch.

but alas, the lure of aria's golden violin was just too great, and he would steal it at any cost—even if that meant destroying the believer's city.

-

eddy spent months perfecting his plan in his lair up in the mountains, hiding himself away from society. for some time, the world thought he had been defeated for good. little did they know, he was only getting started.

when he finally emerged from his lair, clad in a deep red cape that shielded his skin from the believer's touch and solid black gloves, he took off for the small town of aria that lay in the valley, all lush and green and sprouting with life at the beginning of spring.

children laughed and played in the gardens, people rode their bikes to school and work, all without a care in the world.

it had the believer's name written all over it.

too bad he'd have to destroy it all.

the first lightning bolt emitted from his large hands hit the local park, bursting trees into flames and startling songbirds from their nests.

the next hit the police station, then the post office, then town hall, sending all the little humans running out into the streets, erupting into pure, sweet chaos. eddy relished in the sound of screams and sirens and the distant alarms. it was music to his ears.

he burned every building in the town, save the museum, without any trouble. the believer seemed to be unaware of what was happening to his precious little city, with dark, ominous thunder clouds up above.

and finally, when he felt satisfied with his destruction, he came down from the clouds, sauntering into the museum like he owned the place. the workers were long gone, leaving the golden violin perched in his case, as if it were awaiting his arrival.

just as he was about to reach through the glass and grab the prize he'd been waiting months for, a soft, melodic voice came from across the room.

"leave, lightning." it was brett.