syd → sin → vie.

sydney singapore

now boarding flight 1450 to singapore at terminal b, gate 40.

-

eddy let a small, polite smile slip onto his lips as he passed by the flight attendant and made his way to the back of the plane, his violin case in tow.

thirty-five f, the window seat, last row.

now, a sigh.

it was early morning, the sun was still hours away from rising, and the flight to changi airport was going to be a long one. then, a nine hour layover until he departed for vienna.

well, at least he didn't have the middle seat.

eddy gazed absentmindedly at the tarmac, taking his seat after putting his violin case in the overhead bin, trying to tune out the busy noises of passengers boarding the plane.

the sound of the overhead bin opening snapped him out of his daze.

"wait, be careful my—" eddy turned to warn the person that his violin was in there, but was taken aback when he saw that the passenger held a shiny black violin case of his own.

oh, and not to mention, he was quite handsome as well.

round glasses framed the shorter man's face, bangs resting atop his forehead, eyes wide as he listened to eddy.

"is this yours?" the stranger asked, gesturing towards eddy's case in the bin.

and his voice was smooth as honey.

eddy blinked, trying to act normal after he was clearly checking the man out.

"uh—yeah," eddy swallowed, breaking eye contact with the stranger.

that wasn't such a good idea either, as his eyes just trailed down, taking note of the man's black oversized hoodie and fitted joggers.

"so can i put my violin with yours?" the man inquired.

eddy looked back up at his face, startled once again.

pull yourself together, man.

"yeah, yeah—sorry," eddy stumbled over his words in embarrassment and turned his head quickly to look back out of the window.

"thanks!" the stranger responded with a beaming smile that made eddy's heart jump.

eddy watched the shorter man reach over his head to place his violin case carefully in the overhead bin, and averted his eyes when he caught himself looking at the man's exposed skin as his hoodie rose up.

eddy, you idiot. stop staring at him. he's a stranger.

he shook his head, trying to clear his mind as the other man took his seat along the aisle.

-

the plane had taken off without a hitch, but unfortunately, no one had ended up sitting in the middle seat.

so, there was no one to distract eddy from the stranger.

the cabin was nearly silent and there were many empty seats, which was uncharacteristic for a flight to singapore, but good nonetheless.

eddy continued staring a bit too intently out the window in an attempt to divert his attention from the other passenger.

it was going to be a long flight.

-

the plane finished its ascent, and was now flying comfortably at eleven thousand meters in the air.